I agree with you on most things here, Meredith. I am a bit different though in a few ways.
I don't wear the things in my shoots on my site. I never wore those clothes, as a matter of fact. I wear European designers who make VERY loose styles but with interesting cuts and in fabrics that are nice and different. I usually wear more fabric than anyone in the room! I don't even wear T shirts! I abhor showing cleavage and since Menopause, I have it! I wear things that are Japanese designed too. Some designers from Japan build the most amazing clothing and it's like building, it's original and unique with pockets in places you would not expect and cuts that you would not expect to see. I love loose, loose, well cut clothing that can move with me and gives me space to fall asleep if I like.

It's a bit expensive to buy the designers I wear but for me it's worth it. I work in a feild that is about art, and we wear nice clothing because we are used to it. I have not seen a dancer in tights in forever and I never see a good dancer in tight clothing! I wore that stuff for shoots and still did some photos recently for a shoot I was asked to do but not for my actual life!

Make up is not something I ever wore in quanity. I do like nice products for my skin because I see the difference and I like a bit of color on my face. I think older women look so cute in a bit of blush! No matter what the age, 40 to 70, a bit of blush looks great on most women!
I wear Bare Minerals because I used to wear just powder to avoid a shiny face. Women of color, even European women of darker hair, should not have shiny faces, we just look stupid! Bare Minerals is even better than the powder I used to dust my face with!

I like a bit of color on lips of a woman of any age as well! I think it looks nice on 40 to over 70 too! Our lips have a tendency to "go away," or loose pigment as we get older so a bit of color, or gloss with color, looks sweet, I think.
I never wore heavy eye make up except for a show or shoot. I don't like that look and as we get older, it accents our age. I don't really like mascara unless it's lightly used and most light colored women need it to have their eyes show!

Eyebrow color is essential to some women of age. Our eyebrows define our eyes so I let my heavy eyebrows grow and only clean them up. I keep them groomed and use a bit of eyebrow color, only a bit, to help them show. I think this is an "any age," look too. We all need our eyebrows! The trick is to get a product that does not look like we drew our eyebrows on! lol.

Yes, I agree, no one looks good trying to be a cover girl and I, personally, never went for clothes that limit my movement and love to have my cloths hanging! I dont' think young girls look good showing to much of themselves as well which is why I did not do it. I never even shot a video in limited clothing! I did an Aerosmith video but that shoot was more artistic than sexual.

I don't think I differ from most women here. I just enjoy the hell out of things like clothing and taking care of myself. I worked my body to death, or like my husband says, "You took everything out of your body it could give, early." I did. So now I want to take care of what's left!

dancer

"Question your privilege"