There is a furniture warehouse where filing cabinets are sold.We went to buy one .Nice man helped us then when we want to pay this item we met the MAN.
This warehouse has a scheme where unemployed get back to work.And is a recycling facility of some note.Polish government have adopted the scheme and its a good concept..Our cabinet came from a bank.Office stuff is resonably priced there.I always encourage the trainees saying how helpful if they deliver etc..
And give a tip.When giving my address which is a housename then village then town the man said "No that village is in" (another town) I nicely said the address again.No he was having none of it..I did not get angry or laugh just stayed calm.Obviously he had a problem.But I needed to give him the delivery address.He continues to be awkward which was unreasonable .Of course I knew I was right but said I'd write my address down and my phone no. so the driver could get directions.
When the item was delivered I asked the man is he had trouble finding us.I was fishing a bit but no bother the delivery man said they had problems with the man in the office.He had been a trainee..then got the job which was paid.The trainees get unemployment benefit plus a small increase.Tjis MAN was on a salary now.The delivery man said he always had a problem like I had.But no one could do anything.
The local council have a share in this scheme. It helps the low paid buy furnitute it allows landfill to be kept for other use and social work give vouchers in dire need.All the items are donated.Its a wonderful concept.
My solution was to contact an elected councillor who knew who to speak to re. this issue.Not to complain but to observe and to trouble shoot.My biggest issue was that some of the trainees were there for twelve weeks only and that they deserved an enriching experience.
Whateer the MAN's problem it was profound.Could have been mental health or alcohol.He was argumentive and disrespectful to me. I did want to purchase an extra cabinet but felt I might not return if this was the norm.
I knew to do something...and until I go back wont know if the MAN is still the same.I will take a business card and pass it the next time.
MA