You are such dears! That's one of the things that is so wonderful about this board, the encouragement, always.

So things are going great. I'm doing what I do, and we're doing what we do and he's doing what he does... we went to the church recovery thing last night and we were the only couple who showed up but that was okay. I got caught up to speed on what they do and they wanted to know what my hopes were. I told them that while of course I wanted to be supportive I also felt that for years I had felt that we had a ministry helping other couples. I've felt that for years only because I've always felt like we had something very unique because we've managed to stay together and not just because I put up with whatever is going on but because it's always been important to both of us, even in the face of Scott's battles.
So the four of us talked (the couple running it and Scott and I) together and then we split up. The wife and I talked about a lot of things but she really wanted to just get a feel for who I am and where we were in the recovery process. And then later she told me that she and her husband had been praying for a while and had really felt that God was telling them that there would be a couple that had been involved with the church almost since the beginning of it, that would come to help with their ministy and she said that she didn't want to jump the gun or anything but she had really felt strongly when Scott attended last week that there was something there and after the discussion we had yesterday, that she was wondering if maybe we were those people and she asked if I had any inclination in that direction. I told her that THAT was pretty amazing because we'd been in that church for 17+ years and I had ALWAYS thought that THat was what we were called to do but idiot Scott [Roll Eyes] kept screwin it up... So... of course this is way in the future but it was really interesting. They counsel along with a couple of really good books and it's Christian based and I can't remember the name off the top of my head but it was written by one of the men who I think helped write The Purpose Driven Life. Baker? I think that was the name. And another book that Dianne recommended was on the list too. So...oh, one other thing...one of the things she told me was that all through their (really) rough marriage (28 years of it) she had cried out to God wanting to know why, oh why was she going through it all, and then she said at some point she got the answer - that the only way she would be able to help others was to have experienced it herself.

So......I'm ready for the thoughts.

Love,

Kate