Thanks...All the support is really appreciated. I'm actually just a few days from 2 months sober. That just blows my mind. Except for times I have been hospitalized (and had no choice) I don't think I've gone much over a week or two between drinks since I was in Jr High. It just got so bad for me about the last year or so I had to do something....All I could see for a future was drinking myself into oblivion (i used to love that place so much) every night until there was a morning that I just didnt wake up. And I really think I was hoping that day would come pretty soon. It is so important to do this kind of thing for yourself rather than the other people in your life. But doing it FOR yourself doesnt mean doing it BY yourself. I dont do AA but I have had such a huge amount of support from a wonderful friend that it has made these early days of sobriety alot easier than they sometimes can be.
There's also the issue of therapy I have started just recently too (i know, alot to take on at once). Finally dealing with the sexual, physical & emotional abuse that made up the biggest part of my childhood. The big thing is...this is hard enough the first time around, I'm not really wanting to wipe out the work I've done in therapy by drinking...and then have to do it again.
If you get my drift....

[ April 12, 2006, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: chowhuahua ]