I too think it is absoutly wonderful your trying so hard to help your boyfriend and standing by his side, this says alot about who you are.....a wonderful woman.

As an alcoholic/addict myself in recovery and a woman who seems to need to "fix" things, I would gently caution you to take care to make sure you do not loose yourself in this difficult time. Sometimes we think we are helping someone with good intentions when what they really need is to walk through it more on their own...be able to gain growth through the trial whatever it may be.

Ala-non is a wonderful suggestion!! Healing begins with ourselves. I know first had that I could not begin to heal myself until I first accepted my problem and that.....came through a whirlwind of difficulty, shame and suffering....that I had to feel.....I had to be done.....to surrender......a personal place I had to come to on my own.

Your a wonderful person to care and love so much. An attribute of Grace!! Celebrate your close relationship and love with your own mother and protect that special relationship. It is a big gift. Your a lucky woman and so is your mother.