I'm on the run today, but wanted to ask if anyone else has had similar problems. I've had a lot of pain in my right breast for a couple of weeks now. One day last week I was in a store and thought it was a heart attack. I could barely breathe. But hubby (well-trained in paramedic-level first aid) took all my vitals and continues to take them, and it's clear that it's not a heart problem. But the pain is increasing, keeping me awake at nights. Last night it was so painful everytime I moved, that at one point I couldn't even get out of bed to use the bathroom, until I figured out a way to move by using my arm as a sort of sling. If I had to put a description on the pain, it feels like a sprained ankle. which makes me think it's more muscular than anything serious. It might even be simple gravity! (But I do have a mammogram booked for early January just to be sure).

I vaguely remember my Mom having similar problems years ago, so much so that she had to wear a bra to bed at night. So maybe it's a genetic thing.

But I just thought I'd check and see if other menopausal women have experienced this sort of thing. I hate to go to the doctor (can't get in before the cruise anyway) if it's just a muscle thing - and she won't do anything until the mammogram anyway.

(Maya Angelou)