i agree with all dancer said, hypnosis it is the "client" that has the control as if anything untoward happend or was "suggested" like go rob that bank for me, the client would wake up or the pat of the brain that remaines fullie alert would reject the suggestion providing it was not in your nature to robb banks lol.
Post hypnotick suggestions can and do work, and make for a better return to normal concisness after the session is over.

PRINCESS important point you bvrought up , if indeed the indivduel is not readie to see or rember an event from life, ie couldn't handle knowing in normal concisness the mind would not, would not give it up anyway, it just wouldn't rember or again one would be so startled the part of the mind that defends us from such unwanted material would just find some way to wake up, say nuthing just bring back a blank responces. if its not safe the mind will not disclose regardless of what the hypnotheripist dose.

Like normal states of councisness if one trulie wouldn't cope then the memorie would not surfices at all.

begs the question then why bother at all?
In normal concise state a memorie could be readie to be relised but waites on a type of trigger in order to relise it, ie a similare looking person or event happening. In hypnotheripie one supplies that trigger on behalf of the client so IF memorie is readie to be relised IT WILL HAPPEN. in a safe controled environment (if one choses the theripist carefullie and DO TAKE CARE). Generallie speacking the is a cathartic experinces the remberances of the memorie with the discharging of the emotions assosiated with the memorie, if satisfactorialie discharged then one is left with maybee a mental reprisentasion of the memorie but little of the assosiated emotional responces, this in itself can be usfull. Altrnativlie it can be suggested that one place the memorie in a drawer and allow a greater degree of forgetting of the memorie to happen.
Again the client is in control and if that mind decides the suggestion is its best bet or healthiest thing then that is what will happen like dancrer experinse showed.

Talking theripies can take yrs PRINCESS, hypnotheripie can quicken (in the right instances) the overall preocess, cutting dowen time, expencess and if person is trulie near suicide then in some instances prevent the act happening.

It can be used ALONGSIDE talking theripies or INSTEAD of talking theripies. Diffrent mental focuses or circumstances or personalities decide what trulie is the best approach for the individuel, no single formula of how to can be applied to all people.

Obviouslie to be able to use my "clinical hypnotheripist" title or hynoanalist i had to go through an intensive part of my learning having extensive hypnotheripie sessions. i also had tradisional talking theripies, my experinces was something onlie got cleared up with hypnotheripie as i was getting no weer with talking theripies and also the reverse was true. One healing component necassarie for me was that i feel and somehow discharge emotion stuck with certine events , for me this was onlie achived via hypnotheripie, as i verie controled with my feelings lol so the relaxed hypnoteripie state allowed me access and dishcharge of those teripies that just wouldn't happen while in normale conciss state.
#phewwww a long one ther eh!hope i explained it well enough without falling into the jargone trapp , hope so anyway.