Things like this don't normally happen to me, probably because I don't make them happen. As some of you know, I've had problems with my face skin for years. Chatty's regime of baby soap and olive oil worked really well for several weeks. But two weeks ago, a huge ugly, itchy, blotchy red patch appeared on my right cheek. So after much begging (that's what it took), my GP finally referred me to a dermatologist. But the earliest appointment was the end of July.

Then this week I received an invitation to speak on a local TV program at noon on June 7th. Very exciting, except for this horrible blotchy thing on my face...I can barely touch it, it's so sore...and I definitely can't put makeup on it right now. This afternoon I was watching Oprah and saw the things a dermatologist can do to clear up messy skin. So I picked up the phone (which is VERY hard for me to do...it's almost to the point of being called a phone-phobia) and called the dermatologist to explain about the TV interview, and the problem with my skin, and to ask if she could put me on her cancellation skin. Well, she said it was my lucky day, because someone had JUST called ten minutes ago to cancel an appointment for this Thursday. I couldn't believe it. Like I said, "lucky breaks" like this rarely happen to me!

So I thought I should share this surprising and delightful answer to a fervent prayer! I don't know if she can fix my face before June 7th, but just getting this appointment so soon was gift enough!