As some of you may know, my partner, Dennis, has parkinson's disease. He was diagnosed less than 3 years ago, but is on the fast track, progression wise. He is needing more and more care.

A few weeks ago, we bought him a new car that he can manuever better. It has large doors and a seat that is higher than standard. It also is small, so he can take corners better.

Today he went to the farmer's market and ran into a pole while trying to park the car,because he could not get his feet to the brake on time. We are afraid he shouldn't drive anymore.

A month ago, during one of his many falls, he fell backwards into a file cabinet and bruised his back and back muscles. He hasn't been able to work since or walk upright.

He can barely walk up and down steps, I help him get dressed, he is incontenent and he can't grip even his cane very well anymore.

I am wondering if anyone out there knows where and how we can get assistance. I can't afford to quit working and I can't be there to drive him all of the time. What about social security for disabled? Does anyone know? Any services that I can contact for helping him during the day?

Any suggestions, advice or anything would be great. Thanks. Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com