Jaw Jaw,I love Bare Minerals for the same reasons! No, I only put moisturizer on before I use the Minerals. I find I don't need anything else for cover. I don't use a concealer or anything! I can't feel it also! I used to run to wash my face when I had to wear make up for something but with these I don't feel it so I forget to wash it off sometimes until before bed! It's just great. Did you know that they make a compact now so you can take it in your purse? It's so great to have it in a compact because you can get in your car, use the mirror to brush it on with the compact brush and get going without all the fuss! I use my compact when I'm out and decide to go somewhere where I think I should look more "dressed," too. I just use the make up and put something on my lips and off I go!

I look Italian so too much make up makes me look like I am working the corner. Bare Minerals and something on my lips are all I need to look "made up." A remarkable product, really! I like their blush as well. I wonder if you can buy new brushes separately... I'll check it out!

So far as Opi, I don't use it because it does not stay on my nails. I'm really picky about pigment too so I don't wear color on my nails unless I REALLY like the color. I test the color using scotch tape over my nail and putting a brush stroke on and seeing how it looks with my skin. If I don't have tape there, I brush it on my skin and see how it looks!

I like Chanel colors the best, the pigments are one of a kind. For formula, I like Dior because it stays like all Hel* but so does MAC if one likes those colors. I think MAC is a good buy because the polish is not so expensive, it does stay on your nail, and it does NOT get all thick in the bottle if you don't use it for awhile. They also have a LOT of colors. MAC is a good choice for nail color.

For funky colors, Urban Decay is a good company. It is polish that stays on as well. I don't know what makes some polish stay on and some not but Urban Decay is one that stays on.

I find that Lancome and it's sister stores, Estee Lauder and Clinque has polish that is over priced and never really dries. The colors are not so good either. All of those companies are owned by the same people so they are all the same except for price point. I believe they own Origins too.

I've tried them all, really. There are a few new ones I've not tried and want to. I'm about to give one new one a run shortly. I wear my nails natural with gel over them but I wear color over them from time to time and when I have time at at the salon to have it dry!

Still, I personally like red, or natural for nails. I think that Pink is lovely on some Anglo's of really white skin color and those that are Chinese. For some reason, the pastels look great against Chinese skin. For my African American friends, I think EVERY loud, and funky color with LONG nails look GREAT! it is a part of their culture to wear their nails loud and it looks great on them!

I have all sorts of style ideas...comes from being an artist all your life!

dancer

dancer

"Question your privilege"