Ladies, thanks so much for your words of wisdom! Sonia's coping pretty well, and has even assured me that she is OK. Her schizophrenia has been acting up a bit, so I know she's under a bit more stress, but so far, she's coping OK. Once we get a referral to the right ENT, who will be better able to tell the extent of the problem, and hopefully differentiate between what's actually cancer and what's just irritation from hot cigarette smoke, then the story will be better told... and we can all put our minds at ease, hopefully. Meanwhile, I think she's eating up the little bit of extra attention!

I'm also hoping that if we need to evacuate because of Hurricane Isabel, she will come willingly with us to the shelter. Heck, I'm not so sure my husband will, either. I dunno, Raul sometimes talks big, and then when something really happens, he becomes a little pussycat. A kitten, really. So hopefully I won't become a flotation device for these two if it floods... nor will I have to be an anchor if the wind knocks out a window! [Big Grin]

Love,
Lil