Well Cathi, you're right about the bouncing back and forth. Gary was in much better shape this morning than when I left him yesterday! We were both still very scared about the chemo though, because he was still so weak. But the doctor who had ordered the chemo had 'forgotten' to sign the order, so they couldn't go ahead with it until today's doctor okayed it. He had to sign before 2pm or it wouldn't go through. He finally saw my brother at 1:50! After some questioning and prodding, he decided that he would NOT order the chemo, but instead ordered two days worth of a medication that we've called Gary's "magic pill". It's a steroid that has worked wonders in the past. It boosts his appetite, energy and morale every time he takes it. So the doctor decided to put him on that for a few days until he could talk with the entire transplant team. His hope is to bypass this "interim" chemo and go directly to the stem-cell transplant procedure.

I was sitting there stunned at the good news (i.e., magic pill versus deadly chemo)...and then it hit me, this was the best answer to our prayers. It was no accident that yesterday's doctor "forgot" to sign the order! A beautiful warm peace flowed right through me and I knew, I just knew, that this was God's was of yet again assuring me that He was in on this whole journey (I love you, we're going to make it, I know the way).

What a boost of energy, power and peace that was! That's OUR prayers at work here. He's listening. We don't know what the outcome will be, but it's clear we're not walking this alone!

PS. I could use a fun game of cards right now.

Edited by Eagle Heart (02/17/07 11:31 PM)

(Maya Angelou)