When I went to Louisiana for a funeral last week, I saw my great aunt, sister of my grandfather. She is 92yr old but very sharp. She expressed her deep concern for what she'd found out her 'new' sister in law had done...

Well, it turns out that, on my grandfather's death bed, in 1998, she had him sign some papers that would exclude his first set of children that includes my mother and two other siblings.

I was never told about this and didn't know to pursuit her in court to contest. Well, more recently oil has been found on acres just a couple of miles away therefore, oil must be on 'our' side too.

My aunt said that what she did was illegal since he was highly medicated, in hospice on his death bed. Throughout the years, especially when I was a child, I'd heard how coniving and evil this lady was. I do understand now. Why wouldn't she want his other children to have what's rightfully theirs. My mother and her brothers and sisters want nothing to do with this. Meanwhile, we (his grandchildren) could use this. He now has 21 great grandchildren that could also prosper as a result of this inheritance.

Who do I ask, what type of lawyer?

I was wondering how it was that 'step grandmother's' children were living so well. They've been getting mineral rights compensation.

Sugeree

[ June 28, 2006, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]