The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#99336 - 12/15/06 11:31 PM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: Poppie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We had mice in a bottom drawer, under the oven. The hub, being a type A personality, put five traps all in a row. It looked like a military formation. Maybe you should try the trap instead of the sticky stuff.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99337 - 12/16/06 03:22 AM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: Dianne]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Back to the resealable packages - OY! I think whoever designs them should be required to open five in a row, every morning before they have their coffee.

#99338 - 12/16/06 07:56 AM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: dejavu]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
As far as the spray bottles -- I bought a gallon of insecticide to go around the entire house and in the garage, because there's a ... bug... problem. You had to pump the spray for 3 minutes, then it would drizzle a little spritz, and then you had to pump another 3 minutes etc. It took 1/2 hour to spray around the house, and I thought my wrist would break off.

Now the tamper-proof packaging -- my migraine meds are double-packed. You have to peel off an outer layer and then puncture an inner paper. Someone should tell the manufacturers that people with migraines are lucky to get the BOX of medication out of the bathroom cabinet without crying or breaking anything, never mind having to go through this chastity belt packaging. "Peel here" and "push here" are WAY too complicated when you're in the final stages of brain death. I've wasted a few $15 pills because I couldn't negotiate the layers. Migraine meds should come in a big box that closes with a rubber band, if that.

Poet and essayist

#99339 - 12/16/06 12:23 PM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: meredithbead]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks for the mouse advice - chocolate and traps that break necks - oh, it sounds so wicked.

I have been through the migrane medication myself. You could get a migrane just trying to relieve one.

Same for some of the nicotine products. I tried both the gums and the lozenges - I could have smoked 3 cigarettes by the time I got one of the alternatives out of the package. When you need your nicotine fix, you will get it one way or another.

And the spray bottles - you have all said so eloquently - but I will add this. As if simply doing house hold chores isn't bad enough, but we have to fight with the tools we use, too? Give me a break.

#99340 - 12/16/06 09:33 PM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Anno

am i hearing you wrong or no you sound delighted....

chocolate and traps that break necks - oh, it sounds so wicked.

you do know it's to be used JUST For the mouse, no hubbies or partners or children.....and not if they eat your chocolate either lol.....

or is it only me that has those thoughts....

smiles and gracfully backs out the room keeping BIG smile on face ....opps i said to much, chocolate a priority lol

cafine at this hour bahaa

celtic_flame

#99341 - 12/16/06 09:50 PM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Totally delighted, Celtic. Now to get the chocolate!

#99342 - 12/16/06 10:13 PM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea i am alone dowenstars in the house with a big tin of quality street (was ment to be a pressie for someone) ate most of them, ok ok i had some help but i am scared anyone is counting lol

so chocolate and computer yeehaaaa
celtic_flame

#99343 - 12/16/06 10:50 PM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Meredith, I know what you mean. I would be half blind and was supposed to open that package? We should all write and complain to the companies that make and package them.

Chocolate and a computer. Doesn't get much better than that!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99344 - 12/17/06 09:54 AM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: Dianne]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
And it's annoying when items are tightly packed in a super thick and stiff
bubblepack that even the world's strongest man would shy away from (hmmmmph!!!)
Cindy

#99345 - 12/18/06 03:25 PM Re: Spray Bottles [Re: diamond50]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Either they don't open or they don't stay sealed once you have been able to open them...All pill containers for anyone over 50 should be 'easy open-easy close.' Hasn't anyone who makes those darn plastic bottles ever heard of arthritis? Nowadays it seems like just about everything is inferior.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved