The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#98044 - 12/06/06 05:01 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: bamgibbs]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Aaaaw, Beverly. if you could be a guest on Oprah's show, I bet you'd be jumping up and down that couch!
Young love...sigh.

#98045 - 12/06/06 05:38 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: Edelweiss]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Well here's one for you. I married in 80, was divorced in 86. Was convinced by him in words and actions that he had truly changed and remarried him only to find that he hadn't truly dealt with his anger/control issues. I was trapped with and infant and no way out financially. Seperated years later when I could take it no more only to be told a year later by my Pastor that 'true heart change had taken place and to give him a chance.' You guessed it, I returned home. He deceived everyone, not just me. I am now divorced again. Turned out he was gifted in controlling the areas that were causing problems while continuing to live a double life.

I would never marry him again. I don't even speak to him. Sad to say but not one word or action of his can be trusted to be the truth. He should have been a politician, he knows how to spin everything.

I've been saying that I will never remarry but the thought crossed my mind last week that I have never been in a true marriage the way God intended and if God sends me the right man I should be open to happiness.

It truly frightens the socks off me to even crack that door open but if God brought me a good, godly man who am I to turn away God's good gifts? But that is a pretty big order and I just don't think there are any of those men left.

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#98046 - 12/06/06 05:42 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: starting over]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Sure there are, Patti, and if God has one for you, there's no stopping Him!!

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#98047 - 12/06/06 07:30 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: Bluebird]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Patti,

I hear you loud and clear and I do believe God can bring you a REAL TRUE LOVE. I'm a witness!

You said you were "frightened" to crack the door of marriage open again. It's that FEAR that will bring negativity around you. When you let your light shine as God intended---you will attract those who are drawn to it--and if it's God's light--you'll have absolutely NOTHING to worry about.

Peace & Blessings,
beverly mahone

#98048 - 12/09/06 05:57 AM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: bamgibbs]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm still married because the worst of it is over. So is the best of it (if there ever was a best) but as long as we're not constantly fighting, I really don't care. He'll fight a divorce to the death, and I really don't need that stress.

He has his life, I have mine. On the positive side, he does most of the bills and grocery shopping and helps out at craft fairs, so I guess he's useful.

Poet and essayist

#98049 - 12/09/06 06:57 AM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I wasn't married long enough (5 years) the first time to learn any faults my husband might have had. The way it is now YES I would marry him again...

Number two was sort of a reaction from the death of number one but we had 14 pretty good years, all except the part where he wanted me to be some big singing star, I did try and could have been but thats not me, not what I wanted to do. Him I would still marry again. He also passed away...

Number three, the type on this computer isn't big enough for the resounding NO , I would want to type here. No, No, Oh Lord, NO Yuk phooey!!! Big mistake.

Edited by chatty lady (12/09/06 07:00 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98050 - 12/09/06 08:25 AM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: chatty lady]
DebShines Offline

Loc: Brisbane Australia
Knowing what I know now I would definately marry the same man, but I would be different. I would be the person I wanted to be from the start and have the upfront conversations from the start. But then, you have to have experience to learn from experience. Interesting question to pose though.

#98051 - 12/09/06 03:33 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: DebShines]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Oh I love that..."You have to EXPERIENCE to learn from EXPERIENCE..."

Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com

#98052 - 12/09/06 04:08 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: bamgibbs]
Anonymous
Unregistered

NO, wish I had not! I did remarry my ex, and like Starting Over, he was very deceptive, even more so. Our marriages were '92-'97 & '98-'03, and there were a lot of exit 'doors' in which I should have exited earlier!

#98053 - 12/09/06 08:31 PM Re: Would you marry the same man? [Re: ]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
We celebrated our 29th anniversary in October -- we've traveled to hell and back -- made a few trips actually -- getting through it all with our motto -- you and me against the world sweetheart

Would I marry him again? Every day of my life

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved