The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 94 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#97638 - 12/16/06 01:12 PM Re: The Unimaginable [Re: Anno]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I agree, Anno. It's all about the ratings for these shows. Nancy Grace is over the top and I don't watch her because of the exploitation.

Edited by Saundra (12/16/06 01:13 PM)
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#97639 - 12/16/06 09:00 PM Re: The Unimaginable [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It all comes down to the 'bottom line' ratings/meaning money. To hell with the victims or the ones they left behind. The gruesomer the crime, the better as far as the TV stations are concerned. They're as bad as the ones committing these crimes.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97640 - 12/16/06 11:34 PM Re: The Unimaginable [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Celtic, you did not sound patronizing at all. I am still working on being secure in this world, so when you say I've done something commendable, I appreciate the notice. As far as the question: Where are the parents? I'll tell you it is amazing how many are on drugs; shot dead by drug or gang wars, working 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs to make ends meet, in denial, in jail, infirmed by physical or emotional wounds, pregnant with their 6th child by a different father each time, etc. A really good book about the state of affairs in our society re: poverty and child rearing is "Random Families." Check it out on Amazon and you will find a review I wrote of it. A colleague of mine was invited to a talk show to discuss her experience of childhood sexual abuse. She was told by the talk show producers that they could not use the tape they had made to interview her because she did not show enough "emotion." The producers kept coaching her: "more emotion, we want more emotion, shed a tear while you are talking!" She was being manipulated for the sake of higher ratings.

#97641 - 12/17/06 01:01 PM Re: The Unimaginable [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I said in an earlier post that I wanted to share another thought about this topic. So here goes.

I believe that we are driven by the energy that surrounds us - if we are surrounded by negative energy, we will be negative, and if we are surrounded by positive energy we will be positive.

That being said, if we are spending time and energy focusing on all the horrors that surround us, we are in a way, inviting more horror into our lives. Mother Theresa (please correct me if I am quoting the wrong person) once said that she would never march in a anti-war protest, but would gladly participate in a peace march. It is simply a change of focus.

So what is my point? Perhaps a shift in focus is needed in our world. I would love to turn on the news, see stories such as the beating of homeless people delivered in a matter of fact voice and then begin to sensationalize the children that are helping the homeless. We all know that there are many more children working to help than to hurt.

Just food for thought.

#97642 - 12/17/06 04:12 PM Re: The Unimaginable [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I agree with you completely. This goes along the thought of The Secret and Jane's book. Don't concentrate on what you don't want but what you do want. The stopping of violence, love and peace. Our minds are much more powerful than we think and our words could change our lives and others lives as well.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97643 - 12/17/06 04:14 PM Re: The Unimaginable [Re: Dianne]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
P.S. We have to remember that Nancy Grace lost her fiancee in a brutal crime and that is her driving force.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97644 - 12/17/06 07:04 PM Re: The Unimaginable [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I did not know that, Dianne. I used her as an example, but not as the culprit. Thanks for the info - we must keep our information in proper context. Given this information, her reporting becomes more understandable.

#97645 - 12/18/06 03:36 PM Re: The Unimaginable [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I guess I keep my faith strong because I deeply believe in and hope to go to heaven and be somewhere where children, animals and all mankind are in peace and harmony and there is nothing but love for one another. Too bad one has to die to find that.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved