The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#97568 - 12/17/06 09:26 PM Not here... [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dear Celtic,
I haven't felt like I've overstated stuff with my computer. But in person I'm usually unhappy about saying too much. I'm trying to muzzle my mouth but don't seem to making much progress. All too often, I tell people I don't know very well, too many personal concerns. Then I beat myself up. Folks have their own troubles, they don't need to hear mine. I know that. So why do I yak away? I haven't a clue!

#97569 - 12/17/06 09:39 PM Re: Not here... [Re: jabber]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Back to the original question, I know I could type
longer, colorful, detailed posts. But what stops me is that I
am usually pressed for time. Also, I tend to go on
and on, but in a good way, and I don't want to bore
anyone LOL!
Cindy

#97570 - 01/03/07 12:49 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Dianne]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
most of the time. both questions.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#97571 - 03/29/07 01:32 AM Post deleted by Dotsie [Re: JaMaPh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland

#97572 - 03/29/07 02:40 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it?
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Mitzkity HI AND WELCOME...

i happie you brought this up, it was the first one i posted when i was in the rooms, i loved it too and heer is the first conversasions i had with some that are now my frends....i just re-read bits and its nice rememering, the love and help and support and debating we got into...i reallie am happie you re-activated it...i also wonder if i answered diffretnly i think then i was sussing out the rooms as in how safe was or is it.....now i know for sure sometimes i have said too much....
oh with or without the level of writing from some of the other members this IS AN AMAZINE place...their always something going on and somone doing something sooooo nice to meet you and i hop we get to know each other verie soon...

bet you will love it heer aswell or asmuch as i do...c ya soon

#97573 - 03/29/07 02:42 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Mitzi my surfer girl cruiser ...

that is what your signiture is cool, what is a surfer cruiser....i from the uk its cool small waves and dont have a big crusing culture.....so can you tell and how long have you been doing it are you any good at it....and most off all how dose it feel....

#97574 - 04/03/07 01:22 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Firsts, hi ladies...I'm back...sort of. Busy planning a baby shower in a couple of weeks and enjoying the spring weather down south. I've missed you all.
Now to the question: I only regret being open about things concerning my life when someone doesn't understand and tries to make me feel badly about what I felt I could share. I was recently told I'd lied because I had not told something from my past to a close relative of mine. My response to her was that I hadn't lied...I just didn't feel it necessary to share every detail. I am private about some things and never mis-represented myself by doing so. SHE had in her mind an idea of whom I was and when I shed light on one part of my life that she thought was totally different then suddenly in her mind I was lying. FOr me, I don't think it's good to tell everyone every detail of one's life and I certainly wasn't close enough to her to do that. I've shared a couple of pretty tough struggles I've had in my life because I wanted to help others who may be struggling with what I had gone through and let them see that one can overcome. I guess if there's any regrets it's been in trusting someone I thought I could trust with personal information only to have them hurt you with it later.

#97575 - 04/03/07 04:08 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Dee]
celtic_flame Offline

welcome back dee and i hope your enjoying the planning of the babie shower.

I not fond of that type of vulribilitie (as with your relative) especillie when someone taking what i told them and hurting me with it....its not something thats happend a lot in my time but the times it has happend its painfull.

There some thing i found i totalie open and happie to share and some other things i just dont go near, somehow that gets hightend heer on the net and i have never relized it as much as latlie.

Think its the fear of the vulribility comming back to bite me, i dont know...Anywzy its nnevern nice when trust is broken at all especilie by someone you thought you could trust

#97576 - 04/03/07 09:49 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Celtic...thanks for the welcome back. I've missed all of you. Your words are very profound.
I like your statement at the end of your posts.

#97577 - 04/04/07 08:01 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I use to be an open book, told anybody whatever thy asked me about. Times have drastically changed.NOW I pick and chose who I want to share things with and even then I am guarded in how much I tell anyone....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved