The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#97578 - 04/04/07 09:40 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
its by rumie a 13 centurie ecstatic poet, he wrote so the poetrie could be interprited in relasion to god.....or a lover....or a personal journie...his poetrie is amasing and that quote one of my favourite lines.

#97579 - 04/04/07 09:41 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

chattie what experinces came your way to make you change your behaviour.....it sounds like you got hurt and singed quite badlie? Or do you not want to tell the weers and whys?

#97580 - 04/05/07 08:18 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Celtic my dear,
Actually I didn't get hurt but I always keep my eyes and ears open and don't miss much and have seen things used against people at a later date, that were told to others in trusted confidence....

Actually I did share with everyone at one time that I was a Phone Sex Mistress and it came back to bite me on the butt later when a few of the women got ticked off at my telling them the truth about the questions they asked in the forum and they used my occpation to try to make me look bad, like as if to say "consider the source." Well they soon found out Phone Sex was what I did for a living, not who I was...

It did help me to make a major decision however and that was to do what I was meant to do, and had done for years in the past for major newspapers, and that was edit copy. I took it one step further when people said I should start my own business. I did, and the rest is history. NOW I am proud of what I do, and shout it from the roof tops....

Maybe I'm wrong but I truly believe there are some things about ourselves others need not know, most can't handle the pressure of keeping a juicy secret, LOL!!!

Edited by chatty lady (04/05/07 08:22 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97581 - 04/05/07 08:28 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: chatty lady]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty ,
I have seen this first hand and what has happen to you so thing are better left unsaid as I have done so in the past . Just reading and not commenting on some things on here . Some people are so quick to judge others .... You have always been so kind and caring to me all the time. I apprecate that so much.

Blessings,

#97582 - 04/05/07 10:22 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Quote:

used my occpation to try to make me look bad..(that)...was what I did for a living, not who I was...

That above would hurt me!but i be determined not to tell anyone of the hurt!!lol

thats sad that people forgot the above distincsion but its funnie what amunision people will use when they are cross or want to make a point.

but as you say long term you got the last laugh and a brighter future for yourself....

I am just natrillie private at or about somethings in my life and its to do with my privacie...but i do hate stuff i told in confidences or in trust come get me later its just not fair to say the lest...

i reallie glade it worked out best for you and now you got a job using one of your talents that suite you much better now..can one aske for more lol

#97583 - 04/06/07 06:18 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I didn't realize you used someone's insults to move forward. How cool is that? Now I admire that.

#97584 - 04/07/07 08:42 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it?
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Chatty a chara(My freind)...you never cease to amaze me with your candidness and honesty. My picture of you since I have joined the forums has evolved as I have gotten to know you in here...and you have soo many wonderful facets shining from your personality..ie as mentioned above and strengh, warmth, compassion and a brilliant directness...I love that in others..but I am pretty cr*p at it myself.

I myself do tell too much everywhere, anywhere and with almost anyone!!!! I always, always beleive that the info I proffer will always be treated with kindness and respect!!!!
Duh!! I never seem to learn...even when I have been repeatedly hurt and upset!
I don't think that side of me will change...just an intrigal part of my many facets! Celt reckons that I am becomming 'slightly' more discerning...I think not....that is on of our more strident opposites.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#97585 - 04/08/07 02:27 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: Poppie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
If a bunch of people haven't met you at all and you have revealed harmless things about self, it can get easily misunderstood. I know of 1 marriage that accelerated into failure when wife met another married man online. Her hubby was online and didn't get it... This was on an open cycling forum. So the "divorced hubby" is slammed as a bad guy, while his wife has manipulated the forum audience as a very popular member. She is particularily vicious at me..probably once, because of particular opinion that I had..about parents footing a wedding bill. (I don't think any child should expect their parent(s) to foot part of wedding bill). Ya, this is on CYCLING FORUM.

Junk. My only protection was 2 another women who each actually met me in person....to confirm I wasn't a monster.

Soooo..I am willing to reveal certain parts about me, if it will help a bunch of people understand a particular perspective that they weren't even aware of.

'Course there is stuff about me on the Internet.related to my jobs/career...which I don't have a problem.

What is perhaps more care I take, is what people who I work with know about me. I've seen the most harmless personal detail blown up in ridiculous stuff.

#97586 - 04/08/07 11:17 AM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

the misunderstood bit easiey to do and be done to you especillie when you dont have or get to hear voice tone, bodie language etc. that all plays a big part in communicasion anyway and makes it a bit more difficult to do with onlie typed words...I have misunderstood and been misunderstood becouse of this and its fine all part of forum or bulliten board life i think. But the onlie other thing i have to compare it to is texts via cell phone thats my onlie experinces of written comminicasion of oppinions and views etc.

I think i look for consitences in post i reading to get a sences of the person, well all have off days but if you have a consistent type of personalitie posting a consistent way then i think/feel i know them a bit better becouse of that consitencie...

Do you think that people that have certine issues with somethings would have them anyway, like the marrige and who pays for the wedding. If you disagree with them that they would take as much offences online as they would off line. It being more to do with them not being able to take someone disagreeing with them at all and think people should agree with them no matter what, or dont understand that disagreeing is ok with no offences taken or ment??

I understand why you take more care of fellow workers etc in sences they have bigger impact on your physical life?
Did you get to feel close to other people online? did you count any of them as frends?

just curiouse as i do this

#97587 - 04/08/07 02:53 PM Re: do you tell too much? ever regreted it? [Re: celtic_flame]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I don't necessarily feel closer to people here. True, that there appears to be a closer intimacy because of writing under no time deadline at all.

Online you can talkk about all sorts of subjects that you wouldn't think of spending time talking to people on the job. I work in a male dominant organization. 25% of employees are female. However within my dept. there are 2 other women. I don't talk about sensitive subjects on divorce, religion, because these subjects are deeply personal to each person and it's probably safer not to cross too much over into personal boundaries at work.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved