The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#96569 - 12/05/06 12:49 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I love you. You are such a loving and caring woman. I know God is going to bless you this Christmas season. Keep your eyes open to His grace and you won't be disappointed.

We had dinner with FIL and BIL last night and we left feeling guilty that we have one another to spend the holidays with. My prayer is that everyone feels loved, and no one feels alone this Christmas. Anyone else interested in joining in this prayer.

Smile, it's so great to hear your voice again!

#96570 - 12/05/06 01:05 PM Re: Christmas Support Group
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
My youngest sister lost her husband a few months ago. I have invited her and her children to spend the Christmas holidays with me but she has not yet made up her mind. I would really like her to come. On her behalf and for many others with similar circumstances, I join you in prayer, Dotsie.

#96571 - 12/05/06 01:50 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Lola]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dotsie, I too join you in your prayer. Being alone, and feeling lonely are the worst at this time of the year.

Eagle, I'm hanging in there. Had my spirits lifted with those acceptances. I haven't written anything of value since my Dad got sick but sent out some old stuff which turned out to be a good idea! I am decorating more to keep myself busy than anything else. Love, Light and Remembrance is the theme.

Together, through this forum, we'll get through this season!

#96572 - 12/05/06 02:11 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: TVC15]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, that's a prayer very close to my heart. This is one of the toughest times of the year to be alone, especially if it's a "new" alone.

TVC, I'm holding you so close to my heart these days. It means a lot to me that we travel this Advent journey together...

(Maya Angelou)

#96573 - 12/05/06 07:11 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Eagle Heart]
TVC15 Offline

That means a lot to me Eagle and I feel the same.

#96575 - 12/05/06 08:39 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: ]
TVC15 Offline

Anne327, you sound like you are on your way to a good time. Good for you. You are absolutely right about being with friends instead of family sometimes. Lord knows I have issues in that department as well!

#96576 - 12/05/06 08:51 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: TVC15]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Anne, You go girl! How's that saying go? ... You need friends, to make up for your family.

#96578 - 12/05/06 09:17 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: ]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Quote:

Clearly Christmas is not all joy and perfect family gatherings, for probably half of all of us.

Seems like love and imperfection is what Christmas is all about. Even the First Christmas was far from perfect. And it all came about because man had become so very imperfect that God had to send His son as a sacrifice for our sins. If not for our imperfections, God would have had no need to send His son to earth on that first Christmas Eve. Our most imperfect Christmases are often the ones most filled with love and the ones we most often remember.

Every year I try for the perfect Christmas. When I am exhausted and can go no further, I have to give up and rely on love to carry us through. That's when I realize I could never be perfect enough to deserve the gift of love that came to earth on that night so long ago. It is then that I truly begin to experience the perfection of God's love. And that is when Christmas comes together in all the beauty of love and forgiveness.

smile

#96580 - 12/05/06 10:33 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: ]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Who cares about the Martha Stewart form of perfection. The perfect meal, perfect gift, perfect decorations, and perfectly clean house went up in smoke when the kids were born.

The perfect of everyone showing up and getting along went when the kids became teenagers.

Now we're just coasting on imperfection--And loving it.

smile

#96581 - 12/06/06 12:19 AM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: smilinize]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm a recovering perfectionist. Perfectionism is (for me) definitely an illness (maybe a distant relative to OCD?) Anyway, this time of year does bring out all those old compulsions to do everything just right and make everyone's Christmas the perfect day. But that's the strange healing thing about fatigue - one wouldn't think that chronic fatigue could be healing, but in this case, it is. Because it forces me to accept my limitations and work within them and not care so much about things that aren't my responsibility (like making everyone's Christmas the perfect holiday - that's not my job).

This year it's been even easier to be imperfect. With half my time spent at my brother's, I simply don't have time to do anything perfectly - barely have time to do anything at all! So whatever's getting done, is getting done as quickly and painlessly as possible.

I like that image, Smile, of coasting on imperfection. I have to say that the more I let go of these perfectionist tendencies, the more serene I feel about life. "Coasting" is a good word for it. Maybe I'll try "serenely coasting" on my imperfections for the next few weeks and see how that gets me through!

(Maya Angelou)

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved