The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 206 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#95685 - 01/03/07 10:35 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: ]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Anne,

There is so much that I am learning about positive thinking and Law of Attraction. One thing is about reality. There are so many aspects of reality that you can choose to focus on...let's take relationships out of the equation for now and look at something else...money...

When I focus on my lack of money, then I actually keep myself in debt or broke or both. As a man thinketh, so is he...and yet if I look at my bank account and I only have $5.00 left after I paid the bills and I want to buy groceries...then I can easily say...but it's the truth...I'm broke...I have to focus on that...but to do so only keeps me broke...so what I do is to find another aspect of reality to focus on...there's always another truth...So I look at the fact that--the bills are paid...I look at the fact that I've managed to keep my bills paid on time...I look at the fact that there is food in the freezer and cabinets that I can eat...I look at the fact that I've always made it before...something like that. I know they don't sound like big differences but they are...and they are true as well.

Write down your thoughts such as:

I'm broke and there isn't any money to buy groceries.

My bills are paid and I have money left over. There's even some food in the house!

Notice the difference in how those two sentences feel. One feels discouraging and the other feels more hopeful but they are actually both accurate statements of my reality!

These subtle differences in thoughts and feelings are what changes your reality. No, I won't have $2,000.000 overnight but there's a good chance that next month all my bills will be paid and I'll have more than $5.00 left over and as I focus on the fact that the bills are paid and there's money left over it becomes more and more my reality.

Relationships work in similar ways. We attract others to us based on our overall vibration. You may say that your reality is that you have dated men who turned out to not be who you thought they were and that men can't be trusted...and this is a true account of your reality. But you can also find other true aspects of your reality to focus on...

I personally have some trust issues from past relationships and with good reasons but I really want to get beyond those now...one of the things I focus on is that I'm not the same person that I was then...that I believe in myself more and know that I am attracting honesty from others...

You can look at couples that you know who are happy and say, "See, there are some good men...and I know there's one for me!" Just don't follow it up with, "But they are all taken!" that sort of counteracts what you want! Look for evidence of honesty (not dishonesty) in everyone you come in contact with...and when you see it...get excited...proof positive that there are honest people in the world...

I hope this was helpful. I know it can be confusing and I would love to talk with you about this over the phone...I have unlimited long-distance and will be happy to call you...just pm me a number and a couple of times that would work...

#95686 - 01/04/07 12:26 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Jane, that is great advice and I'm going to take it. One thing I've learned in the marketing world I'm in is that I have to smile ALL the time at work, even if it hurts. It makes my days better (even when they're bad) and people repsond to me if my smile is real - you know, it reaches my eyes. Some days it's a struggle if I'm in pain, but I keep trying and I had a very good week (Th-Wed) this past week. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow and try all these positive thoughts. I plan to have another good week.

JJ, I won't lend the book out either but I tell people about it or buy it for special friends as a gift. I secretly enjoy her sailor mouth...
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#95687 - 01/04/07 01:00 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Saundra]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Thanks Saundra...you have such a beautiful smile in your picutre...I know I would smile back at you! And I know you'll have a great week!

JJ, I was going to ask you if I could leave you a pound of fat instead of a pint of blood?

#95688 - 01/04/07 02:11 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jane, that is great advice! I've a habit of immediately disecting someone, looking for the bad rather than good, and then I have a good reason for not having a relationship or friendship with that person. Past experiences have left me wanting to not be close with others. Now, I need to flip that coin and look for the positive!

#95689 - 01/04/07 02:15 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: ]
Jane_Carroll Offline

MustangGal,
I'm sure you'll start seeing more and more good things...they may be tiny at first but they'll grow!

#95690 - 01/04/07 02:45 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Funny thing is this...once you start looking for the good, it comes in big bunches, over and over. Same with negative. If you look hard enough, you can find the "bad" in anything...even Oreo's. But if you look for the good, same principle is in play.

Jane, we take Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, and Blood. No fat. Sorry.

#95691 - 01/04/07 05:52 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

LOL! I bet you take Oreos! I don't believe you've found anything bad in Oreos!

#95693 - 01/05/07 01:48 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, don't they make fat free Oreos?

#95694 - 01/05/07 02:25 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: ]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Anne, you're welcome.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved