The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 219 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#95674 - 12/31/06 10:34 PM Re: Holidays single?
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Oh, Dotsie, boomer group insurance would be wonderful! You keep that wonderful vision and it will come!

#95675 - 01/01/07 02:30 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Yay Jane. It's nice to know someone else understands. Anne, it's okay to forget the bad for a few minutes and enjoy yourself. We never really forget what's going on when it's taken over our lives. Dotsie, don't forget the dental insurance.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#95676 - 01/01/07 07:21 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Hubba Hubba! Lola...I DO like the way you think. Focusing on good, (to me) only brought me more good, not bad. If the "bad" was there, I could see it. Now whether or not I choose to SEE IT, or DENY IT, is totally up to me. At least this is what I have found to be true for me, not necessarily anyone else. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, I'm just telling you how I, ME, MYSELF, react to things...

I'm in the same boat as far as insurance, but hope to have some soon. Dotsie, don't think for one minute that the BIG BOYS didn't realize that BOOMERS would be retiring and needing insurance. That's ONE REASON it is so difficult and costly to get. They saw this coming. It will only get worse.

That's one reason so many boomers go back to work. It's a sad state of affairs, that's for sure. But worse if you don't have it.

I'm with you though Jane....you get more of whatever you focus on. I think sometimes we send mixed signals to our subconscious as to what we really want. We say, "I want someone that would be good to me," yet at the same time, deep down we don't believe it will happen, so the thoughts run into each other in our subconscious, and therefore, the negative negates the positive. Does that make sense? Our minds can only handle what we BELIEVE to be true.

Clear as mud? LOL!

#95677 - 01/01/07 07:27 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

JJ,

I know exactly what you mean...I've recently realized that I've been giving my subconscious more mixed messages than I realized...hence, I haven't gotten the results that I really want...a house divided cannot stand...or something like that...so I'm making an effort to spend time consciously focusing on exactly what I want...the opposite does still creep in there...but I know I don't have to be perfect...it's a balance thing...the more positive thoughts I have the more positive my outcomes!

#95678 - 01/01/07 08:45 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good advice Jane! "...the more positive thoughts I have the more positive my outcomes!"

JawJaw, I'm guilty of allowing my negative thoughts to negate the positive, this can and has affected my health, relationships, decisions, etc.

One of my new years resolutions is to think positively -- for Christmas Jane sent me her "Berthasize Your Life" & journal! I'm so excited, I will read and journal when it's warm enough to read on the front porch! This is one of my favorite places to enjoy a good book!

#95679 - 01/01/07 09:08 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well about the NABBW and being able to offer Insurance, the more of us there are as members the better the rate Dotsie will be able to get from the BIG boys. So join up and tell all your Boomer women friends. There is power in numbers.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95680 - 01/02/07 01:07 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: ]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
JJ and Jane, are you talking about those old tapes we play in our heads? Anne Lamott wrote a book called Bird by Bird -Some Instructions on Writing and Life (1994). I love this book and reread chapters throughout the years. She devotes a funny/serious chapter to turning off the old tapes and playing new ones in the radio station (KFKD) of our minds. I don't know if it's in the library but you might want to look for it in a used bookstore. It always helps me and makes me laugh too.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#95681 - 01/02/07 02:47 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Saundra,
I'm laughing here because I gave that same advice in another post, another topic, about Anne's book. I treasure my copy and wouldn't even loan it out. I love her brutally honest writing style. I think she does an overkill with the "sailor" talk or words, but I still think she is one heck of an honest writer AND excellent teacher.

#95682 - 01/02/07 03:30 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Saundra,

I have a story where Bertha has on head phones that aren't connected to anything because she is listening to the Bertha station...sounds like a similar thing...I'm going to have to get hold of a copy of Bird by Bird!

#95683 - 01/02/07 03:57 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You can borrow mine if you leave a pint of blood with me.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved