The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#95661 - 12/27/06 09:58 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
*There's an ancient Chinese proverb that says:
"The gem cannot be polished without friction; nor man perfected without trials."

*Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you'll find it there.
-Robb Sagendorph

*Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

*You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

I know, these are just words, and it's all easier said then done. I send hugs to you both!

#95662 - 12/27/06 10:00 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Anne,

Are you the gal who knows how to do background checks?

Have you thought of marketing your services to other single ladies to bring in some income? I don't know what it costs for you to do the searches - but if you could keep the cost down for your clients - I could see it working.

Heck, you could sign me up to be one of your clients!

danita

(ps, if someone has already suggested this, I'm sorry...I HAVE been absent for a long period of time!)

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#95663 - 12/28/06 08:49 AM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Danita]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Make that two so far, sign me up too I could have you see if you can find any info on my missing son!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95664 - 12/28/06 03:13 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Chatty, do you have any idea where he is? Do a drivers license search. That's the first thing a PI will do.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#95666 - 12/28/06 09:27 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, is there something virtual we can do to boost Anne as she maintains her caregiving status? Thoughts?

#95667 - 12/28/06 10:53 PM Re: Holidays single?
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Oh, Anne. I agree with you about depression and absolutely understand your feelings. Do you have Medicare or Medicaid? Can you get meds? I took meds for depression when my father passed and it helped me. Only needed them for 6 months and then felt better able to go on. I'm glad you have us. We will be here for you. Please take care and keep on posting.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#95668 - 12/30/06 12:47 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Saundra, great idea. Anne, how about a support group for caregivers? Do you have any in your area?

#95669 - 12/30/06 03:56 PM Re: Holidays single?
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I've been running around the south a bit and just got back to this thread.

Danita, so glad you made it through...knew you would...it does get easier...every day...I promise!

Saundra, I agree with you...I'd rather be on my own than to be with someone else's family...a lot of people don't understand that...but it's less lonely!

Anne, do you journal? Have you tried scripting how you would like your life to be? It's a simple technique...you just write in the present tense and create anything you want in your life. It works because it changes your energy and your subconscious starts to believe it and brings it into your reality. I have a section on this in 'Where the Joys Are: Bertha's Guided Journal'. I'll be happy to send you one if you're interested. Just PM me with your address.

#95670 - 12/30/06 08:40 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Anne:

Here he is with a rose for you!!! Happy New Year!!!

#95673 - 12/31/06 10:24 PM Re: Holidays single? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, praise God for internet support. I recall my sister being invovled with a forum for cancer caregivers while Mom was sick. She learned so much. She even told Mom's doctor about a medicine he had never heard about. Though it wasn't the right one for Mom, he said he would remember it and possible prescribe it for other patients.

Every time I turn around, I hear about another person who doesn't have insurance. I don't know what's going to happen when all the boomers retire and have to get insurance on their own. Something has to change. I really would love to grow the NABBW and be able to offer group health insurance. Wouldn't that be cool?

Happy New Year Anne.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved