The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#95566 - 12/04/06 12:05 AM Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Here's a better picture of the cradle.
Louisa

#95567 - 12/04/06 02:26 AM Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Louisa]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
JawJaw made me smile today. Thanks. You are a sweetie.

#95568 - 12/04/06 02:38 AM Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jane and JJ, what a fun picture. I'm so glad you two have connected. Looks like you have lots of fun when you're together. Isn't it hard to believe you just met when you have so much in common?

Louisa, what a precious cradle. A friend of my dad's made a cradle for my sister's baby that was similar but it also had a stand you could sit in in. My niece is now 28 and has it in her homw from when her daughter used it. I bet that cradle will be in your family forever. What a dear present and labor of love.

Chatty, how did you find homes for the kittens? Will they be a surprise for other family members?

#95569 - 12/04/06 05:53 AM Re: What made you smile today? *DELETED* *DELETED*
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I didn't Dotsie, I retired remember(oh sure.) But they needed homes and the shelter was crowded so I took them in. They have volunteers that call around to people who have come in looking for a pet at one time. Then they send someone unannounced to view the home/family and if they are approved the pet is theirs. They were shown photos and picked one of the two left. Four have already gone back to the shelter for their shots, etc. I will keep these two until the familys are ready for them. We won't allow a new baby pet into any home (with kids) until after the hulabaloo of the holidays, its too stressful for them....I will miss them all as they were such clowns. I have all these containers of calendars in my dining room and they were all over them, inside and out, up and down all the boxes. They had a ball and kept me laughing.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95570 - 12/04/06 12:16 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Every post has "deleted" "deleted." I just deleted it from the Re: box and am posting to see if it goes away.
Louisa

#95571 - 12/04/06 01:03 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
HOho I thought that was the post's title; "deleted deleted". Sort of cool.

What a beautiful work of carpentry, Louisa. That little baby is so lucky to get a Granpaw like that. My Hubby built our grandchild's crib as well. He cut out a moon, and smiling sun and stars on the side, so she could peek out. Sometimes she stretched her little hand through the opening; so cute to see a sun with a baby hand sticking out of the middle of it.

#95572 - 12/04/06 11:44 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Edelweiss]
Louisa Offline

This will be their 7th grandchild. He's made cradles for the others too. Yesterday, I helped bring things up to the baby's room. The crib will be here in another week and the armoire. My daughter saved her father's bookcase. (He was a carpenter) He made a corner bookcase for his den that has to be at least 3 feet on each end. She kept it when he died. It's now in the baby's room for her books and things. Hand made things are so great.

Louisa

#95573 - 12/05/06 01:08 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Louisa, hearing things like this just does a body good. I love it when our children cherish their memories, don't you? And too, this baby shall have the touches of those people who loved and were loved, surrounding her. How cool is that?

#95574 - 12/05/06 02:29 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Yes, JJ. I'm glad my daughter is like that. She has her grandmother's wedding dress. She was going to wear it when she got married but it had some stains that wouldn't have come out. She's going to christen the baby in the christening dress that was hers. I saved it and gave it to her a few years ago. She took it out one day and told me it's in perfect condition and the baby ring that was her father's and the medal that was mine that I had pinned to it on her christening day were still on it. (37 years ago) When she told me she planned to use her own dress, I cried. Something I saved is finally going to be used again. I think the bookcase will come in handy and she'll have part of the grandfather she'll never know around her.

#95575 - 12/05/06 02:51 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You're giving me chills just reading it all. Good ones!

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved