The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#95535 - 11/29/06 12:18 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Welcome back Lola,
so glad your feeling better pet and the flu thingie is on the mend. Check out the recipes...I posted one which I swear is great for all those kind of flu like stuff. Try my soup, it's the best

Po
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#95536 - 11/29/06 12:36 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Poppie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lola, It's good to "see" you again and hear your voice. You were missed!!

I had my annual flu shot a week ago so am hoping that will keep the big bad bug away for another year.

I sure wish we lived close enough that we could all make and bring you some homemade chicken soup to help make you feel even better.

(Maya Angelou)

#95537 - 11/29/06 06:38 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Po and Eagle: Many thanks and it is good to be back. I would have surely loved the soup! Thin and hearty was all I had for 12 days...even during my Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone had the goodies and I had soup!

Irony of it was, I had my flu jab the week before.

But, never mind. All in all, I am better and all now.

#95538 - 11/29/06 02:54 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lola, that's interesting that you had your flu shot the week before you got sick. I got my flu shot last Wednesday, and I've been so crappy since Thursday. Not only terrible headaches (very unusual for me) and heavy fatigue, but every muscle is aching, I feel generally unwell, and my spirit/mood has been erratic and dismal for several days now. I was feeling perfectly well (and reasonably happy) before the shot...all of this unwellness hit me like a brick the day after the shot. I wonder if there's a connection.

(Maya Angelou)

#95539 - 11/29/06 07:58 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Hi, Eagle: Except for the moods, that's how it started with me. A few days after the jab. My daughter said that it actually takes a month for the jab to work and because I was not sleeping well for the past month prior, my immunity was not up to par. You have been quite busy running around and helping out with your brother so fatigue must contribute to it. Try to rest. I think I pushed myself too far and did not do that when the early symptoms crept in which is why I ended up with a full blown flu.

#95540 - 11/29/06 10:21 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

This little man made me smile today.....when I captured him napping on the sill.

Pohttp://webmail.ntlworld.com/agent/mobmain?
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#95541 - 11/29/06 10:25 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

No I am frowning because I must have Messed up the poto instructions Lola was so kind to
provide me!!! I think you can still see him if you click on the link!!

Puzzled Po

#95542 - 11/29/06 10:38 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Poppie]
Lola Offline

Oh, bless him. How did he manage not to fall from there, Popea? Would you like me to upload it for you?

#95543 - 11/29/06 10:48 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Okay, here's a playmate for Lucien. My month-old grandson who, from the way he was napping on the floor, seems just right for the manger. Sleeping babes. Don't they just make you smile.

[/URL][/image]

#95544 - 11/30/06 04:20 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

Oh Lola,
he is beautiful..bless him. I am not sleeping well tonight...so I will try and have another go. If I cannot get it, then yes please. That would be kind of you.
Fingers crossed. Now I know that I am well broody!!!

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved