The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 181 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#95491 - 11/19/06 11:02 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm smiling as I read what has made all of you smile.

I smiled ear to ear this morning while witnessing the Philadelphia Marathon as a spectator. My heart was so full of joy I even teared up. So many nationalities joining together in such a healthy way. People standing on the side cheering and calling names as runners went by. Some runners bulged with muscles, while others had cellulite just like mine. So many boomers. So many women boomers. Saw a man juggling, a woman talking on the phone, friends running together, serious runners leading the pack, people attempting to do so in wheelchairs. It was inspiring to think that all 10,000 people trained for this one event. Such determination, dedication, and splendor. I felt blessed to be a part of it. There were kids on shoulders cheering as Mom ran by, balloons, bottle waters being thrown about, dogs barking, people cheering by name for every person who ran by with their name on their shirt. I witnessed lots of smiles as I sat there with my morning orange juice and apple danish wondering how I would ever get back to the other side of the street. So many runners. So much bliss.

#95492 - 11/20/06 01:20 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Edelweiss]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
What made me smile today . The Sun was out and knowing that my husband was finally well and no more surgery for now . He spent last christmas in the hospital .

Doing the right thing makes me smile also

#95493 - 11/20/06 03:44 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Sadie]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
We tried the pumpkin pie shake at Jack-in-the-Box.
Yummmm!!!!

Cindy

#95494 - 11/20/06 01:10 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: diamond50]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I smiled at the reaction from my grandson when I asked (after our TG dinner Sunday) if he would like to play Candyland with me. His face lit up. He was playing with some cars by himself, being a good boy, but just need a little attention from his Mammaw.

laurapoplin.com

#95496 - 11/20/06 07:39 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The plumber fixed my guestroom toilet. Then a Realtor I haven't heard from for a year called to hire me again, to send out 3000 calendars to her customers...Big job, lotsa mulah!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95497 - 11/21/06 12:30 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: chatty lady]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats Chatty! Das Mulah!

#95498 - 11/21/06 03:35 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: ]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Louisa sent me her BWS Christmas card labels and saved me a lot of time, something that's getting harder to find these days. Thank you Louisa!

(Maya Angelou)

#95499 - 11/21/06 05:28 AM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I'm smiling because I can just see us all getting our cards, and we'll know right away that they're from our BWS sisters since they'll all have those labels!

#95500 - 11/21/06 12:11 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
And every label will remind me of Louisa and bring another smile to my face at the awesome ripple effect of her kindness.

(Maya Angelou)

#95501 - 11/21/06 12:26 PM Re: What made you smile today? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm smiling because it is nice to have so many friends. Thanks Kathy and Eagle. Anyone needs the labels, just let me know.

Louisa

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved