The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#94986 - 02/01/07 08:58 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: smilinize]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Oh gosh, Smile! Many thanks for that. I have had tinnitus since I was 8, perhaps even younger. I have learned to tune out over the many years after having been told that there was no remedy for it. But, now that I have been suffering bouts of insomnia, I have become more conscious of the buzzing and ringing especially in the still of the night. It's like having a loud radio on which I cannot turn off. Ironically, I have to listen to other sounds to distract from the tinnitus. Many, many, many thanks. I'd surely look into NAC at the health stores here.

#94987 - 02/01/07 09:17 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK

#94988 - 02/01/07 10:53 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: smilinize]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Meredith, I tried Melatonin decades ago. It never helped me. I've hear Tylenol PM is really great but haven't tried it. I've had trouble sleeping for years since I was put on Prednisone, which disturbs sleep patterns. My doc gives me a sleeping pill and still sometimes I wake in the night unable to sleep. I look at the clock because I think it's morning and find that it's 1AM, then 3AM and then 5AM. Those days I feel terrible, physically ill, from the lack of sleep. Sometimes the pain wakes me but not as much as it used to.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#94989 - 02/02/07 08:16 AM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: Saundra]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Meredith, I sent some to my friend in Canada and she said it gave her nightmares. I joshed her by saying...well at least you got some sleep. She wasn't impressed with the stuff at all. She has a terrible problem sleeping. A few hrs a night and thats it.
Saundra, another friend in Canada told me she wakes up every hour on the hour.
I am a night owl and go to bed late now that OH is working 11 - 11. I go when I'm sleepy. That could be 7 am some days.

chick

#94990 - 02/02/07 08:28 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: smilinize]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
smilinize, you might have keyed me into one of my DH's problems. He suffers with sinus, headaches and hearing problems. Won't hurt for him to try N.A.C., I'm sure. He did try Sinus Support EF and it helped his sinuses while he was taking it. His EARS working would be an added BONUS!!! My problem is getting him to take something regularly. He'll stick with it until things get better, then he'll slack off.

#94991 - 02/02/07 08:36 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: gims]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I've used Tylenol PM off and on, when I really get run down. I don't want to take it on a regular basis, though, so I really have to be exhausted before I'll permit myself to use some. Would like to hear from others who might have used melatonin. I've heard good and bad things about it... one being an anxious feeling effect. That's what steered me away from it.

#94992 - 02/04/07 05:45 AM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: gims]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks ladies. I may have to think twice about the melatonin. Maybe try it when I don't have to work for a few days. I've had problems with certain class of drugs, like muscle relaxants, that make me very hyper.

I don't have a lot of sleep problems except when I have migraines, and often the pain is so bad that I can't sleep at all. I'm looking at options.

Poet and essayist

#94993 - 02/05/07 10:42 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: meredithbead]
Penny Offline

Loc: Texas
My doctor recommended I try it. It actually made it worse. It's called a paradoxyical reaction. They also gave me a prescription that is supposed to be like melatonin. It's a new one, ramelteon (it may not be spelled right). It gave me nightmares you would not believe. That said, melatonin works for some people very nicely. If you decide to try it, start with a lower dose than on the bottle. Best bet would be to ask your doctor. Mine knew about it and had no problem recommending we try it.

Try warm milk if you can tolerate it or even hot chocolate, but go light on the chocolate because there's a little caffeine in there too. Better to use a little vanilla and sugar or maple flavoring. Or, if you like bedtime snacks, eat a good helping of nice lean turkey--remember the triptophan that puts us all to sleep after Thanksgiving dinner. It's low fat, high protein and often that helps sleep too.

Visit PetsByPenny.com
[url= [url=http://www.petsbypenny.com]http://www.petsbypenny.com] [url=http://www.petsbypenny.com]http://www.petsbypenny.com[/url] [/url]
A one-stop guide to resources, free Q&A,
articles, and products for pets and people.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved