The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#94378 - 11/06/06 09:04 PM Uncle Recovering Hip Replacement
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hi everyone...I've been away for a few days...went to visit my Uncle (84) who is recovering from hip replacement surgery. He's such a ball of fire and such a positive attitude. My aunt, bless her, is becoming confused and could not be left alone...I went to take care of her more than anything. My aunt and uncle are the most loving and precious people and treat me like I was their daughter instead of their niece. While I was there my little bitty counsin had a birthday party (she turned 5). Cinderella came to the party and it was so cute to watch all these little kiddo's become wrapped up in the playing of Cinderella. Then back to the rehab to Uncle Norman. He's doing well and knowing him he'll be back up and working again. He owns his own locksmith business and has worked his whole life including the day he had his surgery. I hope when I'm 84 I am as alive as he is. I hope everyone will keep him and my aunt in their prayers. Thanks so much.

#94380 - 11/06/06 09:34 PM Re: Uncle Recovering Hip Replacement [Re: ]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Dee I will certainly put him and your aunt on my prayer list. My sister-in-law's Mom (86) just had her hips replaced and is also doing fine. Wish I could say the same for my sister who just had shoulder replacement surgery and has a lot of "issues" !! They sprained her wrist during surgery when they were pulling on her arm to "disjoin" it from her old shoulder socket.....she has some nerve damage but we hope physical therapy will help with that. I'm just hoping I don't ever need hip OR shoulder replacement surgeries BUT I also know that this is not unusual...bones degenerate as we age. Just another FUN thing about getting older!!

#94381 - 11/06/06 11:40 PM Re: Uncle Recovering Hip Replacement [Re: Pam Kimmell]
Dee Offline

First, Anne, you're right...they are amazing...so amazing. I love them to bits. Second, Pam, thank you for remembering them in your prayers. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister...ouch...my goodness, that sounds horrible. I hope the hospital who did the surgery is taking care of the extra therapy it's taking to put her right. I'll keep her in my prayers.

#94382 - 11/07/06 01:29 AM Re: Uncle Recovering Hip Replacement [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dee, I'm simly amazed at your Uncle! What a guy. Yes, I will pray for them both, and for you as well. I know you must worry about them!

#94383 - 11/07/06 09:03 PM Re: Uncle Recovering Hip Replacement [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Hi JJ.

thanks sweetheart. Yeah, I do worry, but they're surrounded by so much love of family and friends. I know they're in good hands.

#94384 - 11/07/06 10:34 PM Re: Uncle Recovering Hip Replacement [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh my. Just the mention of these surgeries make me cringe.

Pam, I'm sorry to hear your sister isn't doing well. I thought the surgery went well. You mean even Hopkin's doctors make mistakes?

Dee, I'm still in PT three times a week. There is a man who is usually there the same time I am. He had double hip replacement. The poor guy. But he has a great spirit just like your uncle. That' goes a long way while recovering.

#94385 - 11/08/06 11:48 PM Re: Uncle Recovering Hip Replacement
Dee Offline

Dotsie,
You had knee problems? What's the outcome of this? Is the therapy working? How much longer will you have before things are back to normal?

#94386 - 11/20/06 09:32 PM Re: Uncle Recovering Hip Replacement [Re: Dee]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Dotsie my sister's surgery was successful as far as the actual shoulder replacement itself - healing fine. What has happened though is she has significant nerve damage in her right hand - she's right-handed so that's a problem. They will work with her to try and gain as much use of the hand as possible of course. She WAS going to have her other shoulder replacement surgery some time next year but has changed her mind! She said she can live with the discomfort rather than going through the surgery again.

Hopefully you are doing better Dotsie? Got to have those legs in good working order for Christmas shopping, etc. !!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved