The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#93326 - 11/02/06 12:44 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Pam R.]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thank you Chatty,
4f's right back at you!
Hugs,

#93327 - 11/03/06 01:49 AM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
:Louisa maybe you could slip in the cutest baby of all, the New Years baby....just a thought!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#93328 - 11/03/06 02:10 AM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
As long as she doesn't do that. She's not due until the END of January.:)

Louisa

#93329 - 11/03/06 02:16 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, I love reading about your relationship with your daughter. You two sound so close. I bet you're glad she's in town. Don't your hubby and her hubby get along well too?

The shower sounds very classy. Be sure to reserve a table for your boomer women friends!

Pam, I like the way the kids these days do what they want. WHile I lvoe tradition, I also appreciate creativity.

TVC, I'm sorry to hear you haven't had great holidays. I'm praying you turn the corner on this one and it will be one of your best ever. Will you go home?

#93330 - 11/04/06 12:31 AM Re: Holiday Stress
Louisa Offline

Thank you Dotsie. She is truly my best friend. We spend a lot of time together. We also work together. Her husband and mine get along very nicely. They really like each other. She gets along well with my husband too. He's good to both my kids.

I picked out the cake today and the tablecloths and napkins (red for Christmas) and the menu. This is so much fun. I knw my boomer friends will be there in spirit.

Louisa

#93331 - 11/06/06 02:34 AM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Louisa, do you see her at work every day?

#93332 - 11/06/06 02:59 AM Re: Holiday Stress
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Only for the last three years have my daughters been able to celebrate Christmas with me and my ex-husband at the same time.

This has been such a blessing for the girls and actually a nice healing touch for the two of us. Until then he was married to a woman who would not have allowed such a blended family get together.

The holidays were stressful for me for the longest after the divorce but now they are just nice...time spent with family and friends...

#93333 - 11/06/06 12:03 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Louisa Offline

Yes, Dotsie. We see each other throughout the day and have lunch together. We've worked there fr 8 years and before that, we worked at another nursing home for a few years together when she got out of nursing school. But she woked the night shift. And before that, we both worked in a hospital in the same department. Our hours overlapped a little, but we were'nt typically there the same time every day. She's a nurse manager and I'm the secretary for the administrator, director of nursing,and social services. I wear many hats.

Jane, before my ex passed away, 5 years ago, we started spending Christmas at my daughter's house. We couldn't do that in the beginning after the divorce, but time had a way of taking care of that. He also had a new girlfriend who wasn't involved in the divorce. That helped. And, he and my husband got along. In fact, they liked each other. I think it helped my kids to see we could have a holiday and put the past behind us.

Louisa

Louisa

#93334 - 11/06/06 12:04 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jane, that's so good to hear. I think a book that shares how families get beyond the hard feelings so they can celebrate holidays together could be a bestseller. There are so many families who suffer through the holidays and I wonder if it's necessary. I'm glad to hear you are beyond that.

My husband is a child of divorce. For our married life, my MIL was single, but my FIL dated. If FIL was coming to a family gathering single, we could all be together, but if FIL was bringing a girlfriend, it caused problems and we couldnt' all be together. We would have to celebrate the occasion twice - once for FIL, then again for MIL. URG.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved