The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#93316 - 10/31/06 10:06 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Edelweiss]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
My daughter has been pushing me to do it early because she is shopping now. She doesn't want to have to deal with crowded malls and wants to get it all done in case the doctor puts her on bedrest at some point in this pregnancy. He told her in the beginning that he might. But her shopping is almost done. She's way ahead of me.

Louisa

#93317 - 11/01/06 02:43 AM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Louisa]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lousia,
Oh, I have been thinking of Christmas and Thanksgiving thise year . This will be a good one this year husband will not be in the hospital this year . I am truly thankful for that .

We will start shopping next month .

Renee

#93318 - 11/01/06 03:13 AM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Sadie]
Louisa Offline

I have a big chunk done and I'm happy for that. Now I have to switch gears for a bit and concentrate on the baby shower that's coming up. Then I'll finish my Christmas shopping and work on the wrapping.

Louisa

#93319 - 11/01/06 03:13 AM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

Think I'll break 1000 posts in the next few days. Yahoo.
Louisa

#93320 - 11/01/06 03:32 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
It's the final count down! Way to go, Louisa !

#93321 - 11/01/06 03:32 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Louisa]
Pam R. Offline

Louisa, I was thinking of you the other day when I read that you were concentrating on the upcoming baby shower. Are you going to plan on any games? We tried to make my daughter's shower as simple as we could but played just a few games. Of course, Baby Bingo but one that was a big hit was "The Price is Right". A friend recommended it and said to purchase about 5 baby items: Diaper cream, bottle brush, baby shampoo, wipes, diapers, etc. We had a page typed with the items clipped to a clipboard with each guests name. They entered the total dollar amount of what they thought the items cost. The person closest, but not going over was the winner! We gave out prizes like 2 or 3 lottery scratch off tickets for the bingo game, and someone got a Rachel Ray paperback cookbook for the price is right. I must say it was fun! And...my daughter got to bring home the baby items like the diaper cream and diapers!

#93322 - 11/01/06 08:36 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Pam R.]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Pam that game sounds great.
I'm not looking forward to the holidays this year. We've had so many bad ones in the last few years. Gosh probably the last 5 or 6. Loss of family members and other rotten things, like the year my husband's auto shop was broken into and robbed on the 23rd.
I'm thinking of keeping it small this year. Money and gift certificates sounds like an easy way out of the shopping.
I told everyone last year that I was going to celebrate Christmas in July this year but that didn't work out either.
I just hope I get into better spirits as the day approaches.

#93323 - 11/01/06 09:17 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: TVC15]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Saying a little prayer that you get your wish this year TVC. If I could I would give you all 4-F's. They are that your holidays be Festive, Fulfilling, Fun and Fruitfull.

Edited by chatty lady (11/01/06 09:19 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#93324 - 11/01/06 11:07 PM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

No games at the shower, Pam. My daughter doesn't want that. She doesn't want "baby" centerpieces like teddy bears and stuff and little plastic bootie favors. So, since it will be Dec. 2nd, and the hotel where I'm having it will have lovely Christmas decorations up by then, I think we are going with poinsettias for the tables and Godiva chocolate favors wrapped in gold foil. I can get poinsettias cheap at the supermarket. They wanted $45 each table for floral centerpieces. I can get enough poinsettias for under $45 to take care of all the tables. But, I think it will look pretty. I asked her if the cake could have something to do with a baby, and she caved. But, I think it will be nice. It's the same hotel Dick & I got married in 7 years ago, different room. We're having a brunch and they do a great brunch there and it always looks festive and pretty around the holidays. I'll take lots of pictures. Her bridal shower wasn't as elaborate and I always regretted that. There won't be games, but I don't care. I just want it to go well and everyone to enjoy it, especially my daughter.

Louisa

#93325 - 11/02/06 12:14 AM Re: Holiday Stress [Re: Louisa]
Pam R. Offline

Louisa, your daughter sounds like mine did for her wedding. She refused to throw the bouquet and do the garter routine. Whatever makes them happy, makes me happy! As for the baby shower, hers was a surprise, so she had to deal with whatever her sister and I planned!!!! Have a great day, the place sounds lovely and will be so nice with the Christmas decor.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved