The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#92461 - 10/20/06 01:55 AM CHRISTMAS CLUB
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh yes, it is still October BUT Christmas is only (oh my God) 67 days away....thats nothing. Are we going to have a gift exchange like last year? I think it was called a White Elephant, never did know why! We can keep it to under $10.00 a gift and put the names into a hat and have the monitor draw the names like last year. That seemed to work well. We should ask however that if anyone knows they can not give a gift then please don't enter your name in the exchange as thats not fair to everyone. Chickadee was in charge last year and did a wonderful job on the Christmas card and gift lists. Maybe she will do it again this year. If not, I volunteer to help whoever does take charge or will do it if needed....I just love the holidays!

Edited by chatty lady (10/20/06 01:59 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92462 - 10/20/06 04:05 AM Re: CHRISTMAS CLUB [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I am new to this...what are ya'll talkin' about?

#92463 - 10/20/06 08:57 AM Re: CHRISTMAS CLUB [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Last year we had a Christmas card exchange, the ones who wanted to sent in their address and the lists were given to all involved and we each sent, and were sent cards. It was great and the cards were lovely. We also exchanged gifts, something under I think it was $5.00 but don't remember. Thise who wanted to exchange gifts again sent their okay and they were put into the name bank (so to speak) and Chickadee picked out names she sent to each of us, and we would buy and send them a Christmas gift. It was really super. It was a surprise who got our name and was sending the gift. I know the ladies last year said they wanted to do it again, so this is merely a reminder that the time is drawing near..

#92464 - 10/20/06 11:55 AM Re: CHRISTMAS CLUB [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What a lovely idea, Chatty. I'll gladly participate in exchanging cards. As to the gift, I just want to say that sending packages overseas is terribly expensive. I wouldn't want anyone to spend that kind of money.

#92465 - 10/20/06 03:51 PM Re: CHRISTMAS CLUB [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm in. I missed being in it last year and REGRETTED not participating. I can tell ya. So, count me in Chats!

JJ

#92466 - 10/20/06 04:02 PM Re: CHRISTMAS CLUB [Re: chatty lady]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells...
Oh, I'd LOVE to participate in the gift exchange!

And only 66 days left 'til Christmas?
Time flies...whether or not we're havin' fun! We'd all better get BUSY!

Thanks for letting us know, Chatty...

By the way...around here (NJ) at carnivals they used to have a WHITE ELEPHANT TABLE...which was the same thing as what we'd call a flea market or rummage sale now.

#92467 - 10/20/06 04:54 PM Re: CHRISTMAS CLUB [Re: klmr13]
Dee Offline

Count me in...

#92468 - 10/20/06 05:38 PM Re: CHRISTMAS CLUB [Re: Dee]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Add me to the list!

Kathy

#92469 - 10/20/06 06:23 PM Re: CHRISTMAS CLUB [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Me, too! I would also like to send in a gift to whoever becomes my Kris Kringle but in exchange however, I would like a card. So, that way I'll have two!

#92470 - 10/20/06 11:47 PM Re: CHRISTMAS CLUB [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I PM'd Chickadee today to see whether she was going to once again be in charge. If not, never fear I will unless Dotsie would rather someone else is....One way or another we will have both a Christmas Card exchange and a GIFT exchange. Can everyone interested give your opinion on the amount to spend, up to $10.00? This was such fun last year. Can we please not cover these CHRISTMAS CLUB posts so everyone old and new gets to read them and no one misses out like several ladies did last year....Thanks so much for your cooperation!!

Edited by chatty lady (10/20/06 11:56 PM)

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved