The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#92444 - 02/22/07 12:02 PM Re: House behind the house... [Re: NewLeaf]
Emyjay Offline

Renee,

Thank you so much for the Vermont Store information! I love those "scene in the egg" Easter Eggs.

Dotsie, did you get the above lead on eggs? And I don't know why - maybe the eggs were coated with sugar - but my Mom threw those cute little eggs away.

Taking a ride through cyberspace to the Vermont Country Store right now!

Emily in Maryland, where it is nice and warm

#92445 - 02/22/07 02:24 PM Re: House behind the house... [Re: Emyjay]
Emyjay Offline

I just finished looking over the merchandise at The Vermont County Store. I feel like I'm in my teens and just walked the aisles at my neighboorhood drugstore!

Spoolies . . . Pssssst (been looking for this for the longest time . . . genuine saddle shoes . . . those scene eggs . . . those little magnetic Scottie Dogs . . . Necco Wafers . . . many good cosmetic brands that I thought had been off the market!

I'm definitely placing an order for the Psssst and those eggs. I work the morning shift, as many of you know, and sometimes I just don't have the time to wash my hair. I've been thinking about dry shampoo, which I could use around my face, where my hair gets a small coat of my night cream! The rest of my hair looks nice, but right around my face looks like I haven't washed my hair for days. This is great. I can sleep in for an extra 45-minutes, every other day!

Thank you, Renee!

Emily in Maryland, where the temps are rising so high that the remaining ice doesn't stand a chance

#92446 - 02/22/07 06:20 PM Re: House behind the house... [Re: Emyjay]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Newleaf, I love porches. The house I grew up in had one. That's where we played when it rained. I remember playing jacks there for hours. We also built tents out there and camped out over night. I'd love to have a wrap around porch on my house.

The Vermont Country Store is so much fun to walk through. I once visited and fell in love. The old wooden floors, the cases, displays, and items all take you back. We mainly bought candy for the kids who were mesmerized by the old fashioned way of selling candy. Remember penny candy?

#92447 - 02/23/07 12:49 PM Re: House behind the house...
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
F9 - He ain't heavy, He's my brother.

What did you play on the Jukebox?

chick

#92448 - 02/24/07 07:25 PM Wraparounds and Jones... [Re: chickadee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dotsie,
I love wraparound porches, too. The farmhouse I grew up in had a porch that wrapped around two sides of the front living room.
Chick,
I played George Jones', Born to Lose, on the Jukebox.
That's how I felt in 1963. The blues had me by the throat.
But not anymore!!!
Ciao for now

#92449 - 02/25/07 01:08 AM Re: Wraparounds and Jones... [Re: jabber]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I love porches too.

I highly recommend Vermont Country store catalog. I order from them once in a while. They have great service and the merchandise is high quality.

Laurel

#92450 - 02/28/07 04:16 AM Re: You might be Older Than Dirt if; [Re: chatty lady]
Mercy09 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Yes, I too remeber all the good old stuff we did and had as children!
Here is a twist on Chatty's remark:
They really were Good Old days. Wonder what our own children will say about the days they are growing up in?

Here is what our daughter said about my childhood from her perspective. At age six she asked me...when did the world get into color? I asked her what she meant...she said I see all your pictures from when you were a kid and the world was black and white then...when did it get into color?
Oh I love the eyes and observations of a child!

#92451 - 02/28/07 04:22 AM Re: House behind the house...
Mercy09 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Dotsie,
Mentioning the Hess shoe store...reminded me of riding buses.
We often rode the bus to York road to the shoe store or to go shopping downtown! And we only shopped seasonally! Like back to school or Easter clothes! Oh did we wear some funky clothes. White patent leather shoes! Hats...white gloves.
Thank you GOD for the more relaxed clothing lifestyle we now live!

#92452 - 03/02/07 08:35 PM Re: You might be Older Than Dirt if; [Re: chatty lady]
Katrinka Offline

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
Does it mean you're only half as old as dirt if you remember only 5? <G> I do remember a drawer full of S&H greenstamps books, but I can't remember what they were ever redeemed for.

#92453 - 03/03/07 07:12 AM Re: You might be Older Than Dirt if; [Re: Katrinka]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Well am not that old, just a few years under 50 but methinks I did go to some relic-like schools in Ontario.
In late 1960's, we still had wooden desks with drop down desklid.

And in 1970, I remember the girls had to kneel and female teacher would check to ensure our skirts were long enough to touch /graze floor. Yes, mini-skirts without pants underneath in winter time, were a no-no.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved