The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#90369 - 10/01/06 02:16 PM Boots?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone plan on wearing boots this year? What toe style is in this year for dressy boots? Anyone know? I can never seem to catch up?

#90370 - 10/01/06 02:27 PM Re: Boots?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Even when I was at my thinnest as a teen, I still could not wear most styles of knee-high boots. I have big calves - moo! No, really.

Kathy

#90371 - 10/01/06 03:03 PM Re: Boots? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

For tall dressy boots, looks like cowboy toe is still in style. I have Kathy's problem, so it'll be short boots for me, under slacks.

#90372 - 10/01/06 03:23 PM Re: Boots? [Re: dejavu]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I know you will find this shocking but I went shoe shopping on my trip to CA! All boot styles are in but mostly, the ankle high with the pointed toe. And of course, I bought a pair.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90373 - 10/01/06 04:22 PM Re: Boots? [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I wear boots all of the time - tall and short, pointy toes and rounded toes. Most have heels, though I do have a pair of Uggs since we have snow around here.

I heard, gasp!, that cowboy boots were going out of style. I will still wear mine, of course.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#90374 - 10/01/06 10:59 PM Re: Boots? [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well they are in full style here in Vegas and will always be I'm sure. They are the most comfortable boots out there.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#90375 - 10/02/06 12:16 AM Re: Boots? [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Not me. I hate boots. Always have. I only wear them when the snow is bad and then it's snow boots only and I take them off as soon as I get to work.

Louisa

#90376 - 10/02/06 01:29 PM Re: Boots? [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Alright Dianne, what color did you get this time?

I'm not sure I'll be wearing boots this year. Not with this goofy knee. I think I'll be doing noting but flats.

#90377 - 10/02/06 01:47 PM Re: Boots?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Which pair?

Dark brown and light brown! I also have a pair of UGGS but can you wear them outside? I tromp around the house in them because they are warm and comfy. You might try those, Dots.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90378 - 10/02/06 01:50 PM Re: Boots? [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
These are the kind of boots I have:

http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=yankeepeddler&ct=63650

I wear them around the house all winter long - my feet never get cold. And if you spray them with water repellent, they are excellent for tromping around in the snow. The ones I got have a nice tread on them.

#90379 - 10/02/06 08:52 PM Re: Boots? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Mine are yellow. Shin high. I'm kind of clumsy in them tho. We have concrete floors so I need shoes that take away the impact, cold and hardness.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90381 - 10/05/06 09:06 PM Re: Boots? [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I think platform shoes are awesome because they take the pressure off the balls of your feet when the heels are high. Make you a lot taller too!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90383 - 10/07/06 09:16 PM Re: Boots? [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Okay, enough on boots already. Too early in the season. Does anyone wear high heels? Of any kind?

I love my heels - spiked, stacked, the taller, the better. What about you boot wearing gals?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#90384 - 10/08/06 02:02 AM Re: Boots? [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Not me, hate heels. Not unless I have no choice. I do have heels on my cowboy boots but only a couple inches.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#90385 - 10/08/06 01:44 PM Re: Boots? [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I love heels. They make your legs look so good. I think I wear just about everything. Heels, boots, UGGS, mules, tennies. If it's a shoe, I love it.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90386 - 10/08/06 01:53 PM Re: Boots? [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I hate shoes and if it were up to me, we'd all go barefoot. But I do LOVE the ones Kathy showed. I can't stand for my feet to get cold. If my feet are cold, I cannot get warm. I usually go around the house in hunting socks. Yes, that might explain why I don't date...hmmm....hunting socks, Daddy's old flannel pj's, and my Alabama sweatshirt over those...it ain't pretty. What's a UGGS?

#90387 - 10/08/06 02:00 PM Re: Boots? [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, JJ: UGGS are sheepskin boots similar to the link Kathy posted. They're nice and warm but I feel clumsy wearing them outdoors in the winter.

#90388 - 10/08/06 04:24 PM Re: Boots? [Re: Lola]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

That's what's nice about being a writer. You can work from home and wear your Power Jammies!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90390 - 10/09/06 02:20 PM Re: Boots? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, I am deifnitely a comfy shoe wearer too. Even if they are dressy, they must be comfortable. Now that is something that definitely comes with age. My daughter is 19 and she's not there yet. Not by a long shot.

Edited by Dotsie (10/09/06 02:21 PM)

#90391 - 10/10/06 03:33 PM Re: Boots?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

If your daughter is like me, she may NEVER get there.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90392 - 10/10/06 04:36 PM Re: Boots? [Re: Dianne]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
As a slave to fashion in the 60's & 70's - the years of wearing pointy spike heels (to work....) daily, I developed a bunion. I totally missed the go-go boots era. Certainly no great loss in hindsight... But, I had to wear something that would allow me to slip off the left shoe when the pain would get to much. I would go for cordisone shots every few months and this would enable me to squeeze back into the points for awhile. I put up with this nonsense for 25 years...

I finally had surgery back in 1991 and could kick myself for putting it off as long as I did. Although I can wear just about any style now - I have not bought the boots. I find that I still slip off of whatever I'm wearing after a few hours and boots would just be too much. If it's not comfortable - I can't be bothered - one 'plus' of getting a tad older - fashion just isn't a big deal anymore.

#90393 - 10/10/06 05:52 PM Re: Boots? [Re: browser57]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
I really like the square-toe boots, ankle-high ones, especially with certain casual outfits that include a pair of jeans, or Dockers. For fall/winter suits, and certain skirts/dresses, I like dressy, knee-high boots, with a heel of at least two inches, but I avoid the skinny spike-heeled ones.

I saw a young gal almost take a fall at the mall not long ago, as she trod along in her four or five inch, spike-heeled boots...balancing one's self on those stilts isn't easy, no matter your age!

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#90394 - 01/26/07 01:03 AM Re: Boots?
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Have a pair of tall straight black boots, low and wide heel, with a bit of gold trim at top. I need to wear boots..walk along a stretch of road to work that has no sidewalks and there are trucks. So sometimes I do walk through the snowbanks.

Have had these boots for past 5 years...and many men compliment me on them. To them, it looks like English riding boots.

I love them because they are so walkable across ice, snow and I have to wear customized orthotics to walk any appreciable distance.

#90395 - 01/26/07 09:38 AM Re: Boots? [Re: orchid]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
The thought of putting boots on makes my feet hurt. I love my tennis shoes... better than those, are my slip-on house shoes (which I sometimes wear to the grocery)... and even better than those, are my bare feet (socks optional and dependent on weather). I have wide feet, in relation to the length of them, anyway, and it's hard to find shoes that fit comfortably and look stylish. My feet have to be comfortable.

In my past, I have worn cowboy boots, which are hard to beat in the comfort department, once they're broken in. I don't think I could handle even them these days, tho... or I simply just don't want to bother.

If I decide to wear dressier footwear (weddings, funerals, etc.), I wear flats or super low heals. I rarely put on a skirt, and never put on a dress, anymore. Some of the pluses of not working in corporate America. Don't know what I'll do if I do decide to re-enter the job market. EEEEK, the thought is nauseating - dressing up, I mean, not working again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved