The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#89763 - 10/02/06 09:21 PM Re: Halloween is coming! [Re: Jeannine]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Jeannine, you are an awesome woman...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#89764 - 10/03/06 02:15 AM Re: Halloween is coming! [Re: chatty lady]
auntiebear Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Jeannine,you are fabulously cool grandma!!! How lucky are your grandchildren!

"There is only one success...to be able to spend your life in your own way..."~~Christopher Morley

~I've never quite believed that one chance is all I get~

#89765 - 10/03/06 04:41 PM Re: Halloween is coming! [Re: chatty lady]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Chatty, Leslie, thanks for the lovely words. Honestly, though, every woman here is absolutely amazing! Why, this is the finest group of online gals I've ever met! I feel quite fortunate to be a participant on these forums.

As for me as a Grandma...I've discovered that my Grandkids offer an opportunity for me to really 'be all that I can be', with children, sans that very sobering fact of the responsibility for their everyday care. And too, I think as a Grams, I have that extra added bonus of being totally free to be me, unrestricted by the boundaries that our own children often set for us. I mean, would I have ever
drawn attention from my daughters' friends, their Mothers, by romping happily at the playground? When my daughters had reached that 'age of everything affects their standing in the eyes of their peers' stage? No indeed! Why every Mom knows, she must conform to some unspoken rule of behavior, where her kids are concerned. Heaven forbid, a Mother's actions ever lead to unwanted attention for her children!

Grandmothers are, thankfully, on another level, in the eyes of their Grandkids! As far as they are concerned, we're wonderful, ever-loving, can-bake-a-batch-of-cookies-in-a-wink, never-at-a-loss-for-something-neat-to-do, close-to-knowing-all-about-everything, magical beings!

www.intouchwithjeannine.com

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#89766 - 10/05/06 06:44 PM Re: Halloween is coming! [Re: Jeannine]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jeanine, you make grandmothering sound like such fun.

#89767 - 10/05/06 11:49 PM Re: Halloween is coming!
Pam R. Offline

I saw Katie's costume today. She is going to be a Lady Bug! Adorable and cute as a button. Of course, no candy, (Mommy and Daddy will have to eat that. At 4 months all she gets is Oatmeal cereal with formula!! (Yuk) Next year will be more fun!

#89768 - 10/06/06 11:02 PM Re: Halloween is coming! [Re: Pam R.]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Traditionally, I hate Halloween. I was always a pillowcase with slits for eyes. This makes for bumps and bruises when running into trees and falling over garbage cans. I wanted to be Cinderella!

Then when I was divorced and my children were babies, I was broken into on HW night. I've never gotten over it. We were alseep in our beds at the time.

BUT...........this year I have Lea and Katie. Lea is a cheerleader and Katie is ...what else? A bug! Katiebug...that's her nickname. I can't wait! So maybe this is the year I put my fear of Halloween behind me and enjoy it once more. And I don't even have to wear a pillowcase! Wuhoooo!

CinderPillow

#89769 - 10/07/06 06:23 PM Re: Halloween is coming! [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

I always watch "Bell, Book & Candle" with Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak, while having donuts & apple cider. It's a tradition that goes back about 20 years now and I never get tired of that movie.

#89770 - 10/08/06 01:59 AM Re: Halloween is coming! [Re: dejavu]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There is a movie they play every year called Halloween Towne with Debbie Reynolds and I love watching it. There is another one with Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker, in it they are Witches and it is so funny but I can't remember the name. DRAT, brain drain!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#89771 - 10/08/06 02:29 PM Re: Halloween is coming! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hocus Pocus...I love that show. It's so cute. JJ

#89772 - 10/08/06 02:58 PM Re: Halloween is coming! [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, if you haven't looked at Jeanine's story she is creating for her grankids, you must. She is so dang creative. Please take the time to check it out!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved