The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#89094 - 10/21/06 02:35 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I am hooked as well and enjoyed last night's show. I was most taken with the Black female Doctor's (Dr. Bailey?) character last night. She portrayed such a wonderful human side of Doctors. She got in plenty of hot water for how she handled the Izzy incident and was taken down several notches by the snotty young doctor making her doubt her ability. Her bedside manner with the patients is the thing that makes her so human and creates good will with her patients... yet she was questioning herself. I liked what the head Doctor told her - it lifted her spirits.

I watch the show with my son (who used to have problems picking up on social queues) and we both thought it was interesting how they were able to show that when it comes to communication, timing can be everything. Had Meredith said what she said to McDreamy at any other time it would have gone over much better and may well have had a different outcome. Yet without knowing it she said it right after he had gotten the news that his ex had more than just a one night fling and it did not go well.

I think the writing is just great and look forward to thursdays!

#89095 - 10/21/06 05:18 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: 49erDonna]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I watched this week's episode yesterday and was a little taken aback by the story line between Derek and Meridith. Especially when they showed the previews for next week and Derek gets caught with another woman. I had almost believed that things would finally go right for them. But, I guess that wouldn't be best for the show, right?

Izzie is going to give the $ to charity. Maybe even to the hospital where she works. I got that feeling.

I'm glad they showed Dr. Bailey's softer side. She really went through a lot when Denny died and she took responsibility for her interns mistakes. That other snotty doctor can just take a flying leap off a tall building for all I care. I wouldn't want him anywhere near me if I was in the hospital.

Do you think Callie is going to tell George she slept with McSteamy (Mark)? Do you think George will forgive her? When she closed the door on him when he showed up at her hotel, I felt so sorry for him. But, she demanded too much too soon in their relationship. She needed to give him some space, and to definitely let him care about his friends.

I can't wait for next week's episode. I love the show. And, yeah, I'm probably getting way too involved in it. :-)
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89097 - 10/21/06 06:02 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Vicki, that was a really good paragraph re: George. Right on!

#89098 - 10/21/06 06:08 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Princess Lenora]
49erDonna Offline

I don't like the Callie/George relationship. I really think George's character is one of the most compassionate and I really like him. I'm not a big fan of Callie and think they need to find someone new for George.

I can't imagine him being ok with Callie sleeping with that scuz Dr. McSteamy.

I think it'll go back and forth with Meredith and MCDreamy - but eventually they will get back together.

#89099 - 10/21/06 09:19 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: 49erDonna]
Pam R. Offline

Our local newspaper had an article today mentioning that George (forgot his real life name) has admitted that he is gay. I wonder if the writers would write that into his character. I just love him. He is so sweet, and have you noticed that he lost a lot of weight this season?

#89100 - 10/21/06 10:02 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
49erDonna Offline

I agree - he is so sweet. I personally hope they don't write it into his character. I love his compassion.. remember when he got the very pregnant Dr. Bailey to be in the mindset of having her baby instead of worrying about her husband who had just been in an accident. George was able to get her to see what had to be done in a very touching way. Then... the baby is on its way and George is serving as her coach in her husband's absense and at one point, Dr. Bailey looks at George and says "stop staring at my va-gy-gy"... just priceless.. poor George went from confident to mortified that he was "caught" looking at his boss' "va-gy-gy" too funny! and once again... great writing!

#89101 - 10/23/06 04:18 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Pam, I read the same story in my paper. TR Knight is his name. He's 33 years old. I have noticed the weight loss as well. He's definitely coming into his own.

Just for fun, here's some websites about Grey's Anatomy. A nice distraction during the day.

http://www.greysanatomyonline.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413573/

http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatomy/index
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89102 - 11/03/06 02:29 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, I loved it when Izzy said "mcb*tchy"!

#89104 - 11/03/06 03:26 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Pam R. Offline

The girl in Derek's bedroom was his sister Nancy! They just threw that in coming attraction to make us watch the real thing...like we need to be pushed, not me...I'm there every single Thursday night!

#89105 - 11/04/06 03:04 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dr Bailey is having a confidence breakdown. Do you think she's really going to lay into Cristina for writing on the surgical board? Especially, because I think she figured out that Cristina erased her name from Burke's surgery.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved