The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#88390 - 09/15/06 08:43 PM New job
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Good Afternoon Ladies,
Well, I took another step forward in this new life, and applied for a job with the local school system, working in a senior high school library. The librarian called me today to tell me I got it. It's only part-time, but it's a little money coming in, and will allow me to still do writing work and market myself. I want to write a book about this experience of being a widow and I think I'm just about strong enough to tackle it now. Any and all prayers will be appreciated for the new job and the book.
You've always been encouraging and supportive and I love ya'll for that. Thanks for listening.
Alanna

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#88391 - 09/15/06 09:13 PM Re: New job [Re: copygal]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Congratulations copygal, being around young people tends to keep one young and in the know....
We need a book on the topic of surviving widowhood...
I tried sometime back but just couldn't make it happen. Your new life begins one step at a time and there you go.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#88392 - 09/15/06 10:50 PM Re: New job, great Alanna! [Re: copygal]
Cynthy Offline

Loc: California
Happy to hear of your new job and I wish you love and success on your writing. I am having a difficult day...Its my Sun of my weekend and the weather is cool which frightens me and heightens my grief, given the challenges of being alone this winter. This new (7/9) widow would welcome support and prayers........

#88393 - 09/15/06 10:56 PM Re: New job, great Alanna! [Re: Cynthy]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cynthy,
You shall have them. We are here, and we will pray for your comfort and peace!

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS, my friend. You'll find nothing but good hearts here.

JJ

#88394 - 09/15/06 11:05 PM Thank you, bless you for warm welcome [Re: jawjaw]
Cynthy Offline

Loc: California
I am here as suggested by Copygal and she was right. I am so lonesome and heartbroken...My dear Dave was my soul mate and partner for 15 years when diagnosed w lung cancer 3/26/06. He did 2 chemos, 25 radiations and his doc felt he had chance for some remission. June 10 pancreatitis, nothing by mouth, only IVs, he was in much pain not well managed at first. 3 weeks later, gall bladder out and they found his cancer had metastacized which likely accounted for much of pain. We married 6/23 in his hospital rm which gave us joy though we always felt married. With no nutrition, his IVS caused edema as cell walls couldn't hold up and lungs never cleared despite diuretics. We brought him home w hospice 7/5 and he died 7/9. It is still surreal and I miss him so very much. Must sell our dream house we bought in mtns 3 years ago as I cannot afford mortgage and we get snow and I am terrified of how I get by w/p his help w chains and wood. Sorry to be so long winded, much to share, much anxiety, much pain...

Edited by Cynthy (09/15/06 11:07 PM)

#88395 - 09/15/06 11:39 PM Re: Thank you, bless you for warm welcome [Re: Cynthy]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh honey, you have come to the right place. I will pray in earnest that God will surround you with His love and help guide you in the months to come. May you feel His presence. Right now your heart is torn into, and so heavy and I'm so sorry! Please take comfort in knowing that although we may not be able to give you the comfort you need in words, we are holding you close to our hearts and raising our collective voices to the heavens!

Your boomer sister, JJ

#88396 - 09/15/06 11:49 PM Re: Thank you, bless you for warm welcome [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cynthy, I'm so glad that you found us. PLEASE come here often and find in us a safe place to just be...we'll help you find your way through.

I'm so sorry about your husband. I'm companioning my brother through Hodgkin's Lymphoma right now, it's not an easy journey for either the cancer patient OR the people who have to watch their loved ones go through it.

I too will hold you close in my heartprayers, praying that you will feel the presence of a loving God who knows your pain and will make sure you have everything you need to get you through every step of this way...count us all in as one of those ways that He's making sure you have help and comfort.

You are not alone. And whenever you feel too alone, come here...if there's nobody here when you get here, don't go away, somebody will be along eventually to keep you company.

(Maya Angelou)

#88397 - 09/16/06 12:35 AM Re: Thank you, bless you for warm welcome [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Copygal
Congratulations on the new job. I too, work in a school setting and find being around learners so invigorating.

Cynthy
You have gone through so much and our hearts and thoughts are with you through your grief and your change. Stay here and find your way through the healing process.

Bless you.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#88398 - 09/16/06 04:17 AM Re: Thank you, bless you for warm welcome [Re: Anno]
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Cynthy,
I'm so glad you came! Was I right about these wonderful ladies or what? They've helped me many times to make it through the hard days and I'm so grateful for them. I know how hard it is, how lonely to lose your soul mate, but we're here for you and we're all praying for you. You've reached out for help and that's the first step to healing. We're all here for you.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#88399 - 09/16/06 08:12 AM Re: Thank you, bless you for warm welcome [Re: copygal]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Alanna: Well done on the new job. What an ideal environment for a writer to be in. Please keep us posted on the book.

Hi, Cynthy: I join the others in welcoming you to BWS. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is not the first time that I have come across a post in these forums and wished that I were only a hop, skip and a jump away so I can do much more in any way that I can. I am sure that I am not the only one. Please come often. There would always be one of us here. Always.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved