The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 60 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#88006 - 09/12/06 02:20 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Well put, Dotsie! Tributes are one thing, but constant graphic images of unspeakable horror as shown by the media (including the Internet) only serve to cause overwhelming sadness and sometimes deep depression. I've decided that "news" CAN be hazardous to one's health, so I'm going to limit my exposure to it from now on. Life is too short to dwell on the ever-present mans inhumanity to man....

#88007 - 09/13/06 12:09 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: Josie]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I agree to a point but I felt I needed to see those images again. I felt like I needed to be depressed about it again. I can't explain it but I wanted to see it again. I don't want to lessen the effect, or ever forget how I felt that day. I know it sounds crazy but if they were to show it every year, I know I will be watching it over and over again.

#88008 - 09/13/06 03:56 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: TVC15]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I didn't watch much -- listened to a few things on NPR, but really don't want my emotions manipulated. I agree, it can be damaging to your health.

It was tough for the lady who picked up a prescription. Cantor-Fitzgerald didnt' recover for a while (I don't know it's status, now) and she eventually took early retirement. It was my friend that was IN the tower and walked down 60 floors (with her laptop!) that amazes me.

I've lived a bunch of places in NJ, Bluebird. Born in Teaneck, my folks lived in Dumont, then to Succasunna, then to Framingham, MA, back to near Dover, NJ then to Montclair State. Then to Ann Arbor, MI, Billings, MT, E. Glacier Pk, MT, 42&9th in Manhattan (yes, that WAS a switch), then to Milford, PA and finally here in Santa Cruz, CA. A bit of moving around!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved