The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 182 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 26 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#87884 - 10/31/07 01:36 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh darn, Jane, you're way down south in Alabama! My klunker wouldn't make it. I used to spend time with a friend in Mississippi and had a dear friend in Mobile. Whenever I visited the south I STILL saw "Make my day...shoot a yankee" bumper stickers! Made me nervous. Anyway, it's freezing up here and I'd love to be in a lime green and flamingo pink room down south. This room and its colors would even meet the approval of my husband...we're parrotheads. Is it okay to admit that?! I can't think of anything nicer than to have a lazy afternoon and some real southern sun tea in your room with you!

#87885 - 10/31/07 11:41 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: ladyjane]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
JJ...are you one of the antiques? What...don't put me in the mote again...blurb...blurb...blurb...

Jane...well...make like a snowbird and fly on down...no clunkers needed! I haven't made sun tea in years...but I sure can make some good sweet tea...and yes...you can be a parrothead! When I lived in Gulf Shores, I used to love to go to his sister LuLu's restaurant...supposedly he would just show up from time to time...but I never saw him...bummer!

I love my life because I got a big delivery of propane today...and now I'll stay warm all winter!

I love my life because I have such good friends here at BWS!

#87886 - 11/11/07 09:45 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I love my life because I have a very dear and close friend. We call eachother sisters as we are both an only child.

I love my life because my partner gave me a looong hug when I asked him for it. And I could cry on his shoulder without getting questioned..for the moment.

PS. A Bertha room..great idea!!! Somewhere to let your hair hang down or WHATEVER!!!! LOVE IT!!! Would love to visit with you in your Bertha room..got anything stronger than tea???

#87887 - 11/12/07 07:00 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I love my life because I enjoy my own company and know I can truly rely on myself.

I love my life because I’ve been blessed with good health, and just as importantly, those who I love are all healthy in mind and body.

I love my life and am fully aware and thankful how good life is to me. I have had a loving and warm childhood. I’ve never been molested, misused, beaten, or ever felt I’m losing it. I’m married now 32 years to a loving dear man. We’ve had our marital downs, but I believe we have found our way to one another again.

This forum has opened my eyes and heart to the grief so many of you women have had to endure, and your stories have truly shaken me up. I am so very thankful for my good life, and hope I will be as strong as so many of you, when those inevitable trials cross my own path.

#87888 - 11/12/07 11:49 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Edelweiss]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Humlan...

Come on over...we'll scrounge up some Long Island Tea...that should be strong enough!

I love my life because da Queen came for a visit this afternoon! Woo Hoo!

I love my life because I am free to define it anyway that I choose!

#87889 - 11/13/07 12:46 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
This is such a great topic!!

I love my life because God has taken some yukky situations and worked them out for my good.

I belong to Jesus Christ and I can leave everything in His hands.

I've been blessed with a loving family, a safe place to live, clean water and fresh food every day....what more could I ask for? Praise the Lord!

#87890 - 11/13/07 06:42 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Countrygirl]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
ok, Jane..what´s Long Island Tea???

I love my life because, as Eagleheart wrote elsewhere, I can choose how to move on. And her thought really gave me just what I am looking for this moment.

I love my life because it´s snowing, cold and dark outside..but inside there is light, warmth, good coffee brewing and my dear ones are all at home with me too. What more could a woman want??

I love my life because this site is always here to check in on and get some inspiration or laughs when I need it. That´s a nice comfy feeling.

#87891 - 11/14/07 01:31 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
Jane_Carroll Offline

It's 5 white liquors with a splash of coke and lemon...it resembles the color of tea...and it will knock you on your butt!

#87892 - 11/15/07 12:46 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Oh yes it is. It's a serious girl's drink
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#87893 - 11/15/07 03:32 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I don't love my life today.
Went to see my mom and the whole visit she CRIED. No matter what I said to her, she cried... AND apologized for EVERYTHING. I had to speak with the nurse and find out if there was anything wrong. They had no clue. I asked that they keep an eye on her. When I first walked into her room, she sat up in the bed and said she thought she had died... and she did have a strange look in her eyes - a glaring far away look. So weird. I stayed as long as I could. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

Page 13 of 26 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved