The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#8748 - 12/17/06 07:16 AM Re: Pay [Re: TVC15]
ElevatingYourBusiness Offline

Loc: USA
I'm sorry that you're going through this. Relationships that are only at work are delicate things.

I mentored many women when I worked on Wall Street and I remember the day I got called into the office. Why? My boss asked me if I had been speaking to "x" and "x" and "x" about money or raises. I said I have no idea what you're talking about.

Well, it seems that they actually asked for what they should have been getting! Which of course was more than they were getting.

When raise day came, I got rushed with hugs by a few of the women. It was great, helping them get paid what they deserved - not being paid "less than" like I was because I didn't have a mentor.

We help independent and fee-based financial advisors find simpler ways to grow personally and professionally.

http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

#8749 - 12/19/06 02:06 AM Re: Pay [Re: ElevatingYourBusiness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maria, how wonderful to be a mentor, I'm sure that w/ you not having had a mentor, that you are able to be an even better one!

Chatty, I believe why the firm tolerates such behavior is b/c they are afraid she will sue them and she consistently threatens such -- she gives people the finger when the pass, calls the names, degrades, etc. As she would say, "its just awful!" -- that's her favorite saying to get out of doing work!

#8750 - 12/19/06 03:48 PM Re: Pay [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Afraid of being sued for what?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#8751 - 12/19/06 11:17 PM Re: Pay [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Someone needs to call her bluff, and thats all it is. I can't understand why everyone doesn't just shun her, refuse to speak to her and shut her out completely. Whats with the people there? I do realize it is always hard to get everyone to stick together, to many wishy washy cowards out in the working world. Its amazing to me how ONE woman is calling the shots.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#8752 - 12/20/06 02:57 AM Re: Pay [Re: chatty lady]
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are afraid she will sue due to Age Discrimination. Also, she has health issues as she says, but has not provided anything concrete other than having vertigo (her most recent 'symptom'). Now, I'm not denying that someone of her age is w/out symptom's, yet if so you would not be goofing off and taking several smoke breaks a day. Yet, what can I do except to be polite and hope she retires soon!

#8753 - 02/14/07 03:10 AM Re: Pay [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to have brought this back up, yet was feeling guilty for having complained, yet I know I was right. I should have accepted her as she is and let it go.

#8754 - 02/14/07 05:38 AM Re: Pay [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Best of luck Mustang gal.

Right now I've been approached by 2-3 workers how to deal with so-and-so in another dept. I manage a dept. so they just probably wonder how someone like myself would handle such a situation. I just tell the workers to tell their supervisors what they did in terms of work for the day. And leave it at that. It is the cleanest, honest and clearest approach without getting embroiled into explaining someone else's dirty laundry.

So-and-so has not been working full shifts...and now she has been given warning by 2 managers or else out the door.

Frankly am bewildered how she could be ...dumb and irresponsible. She is single mom with 2 daughters under 16.

I did my share...I pulled out an employee that I loaned out to that dept. Forget it. No one is covering so-and-so's butt..when she skips out.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved