The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#8736 - 11/28/06 01:41 AM Re: Pay [Re: Saundra]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Arrrghhhhhhhh! This lazy lady is useless! Today she sends me the following b/c I put her on the carpet for being dishonest (she consistently lies about her whereabouts and spends at least 3 hours daily on a smoke break, although the HR manual states one 10 minute breach each AM and PM):

"Lilly, don't kniow what your problem is or what the issue is that "you went to the bathroom and I was not in there"………I went to the bathroom, went to the car to get my lunch, came back, was heating my lunch and you walked out of the kitchen…..don't know if it was before you went to lunch or after you got back and I really do not care………………but just be careful when you basically call me a liar…………………there has NEVER been this kind of problem back here on this part of the floor and trust me it will not be"

I've contacted HR and will meet with the director.

Does this sound like a threat?

#8738 - 11/28/06 10:09 AM Re: Pay [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds like a nut job to me. Document everything and always carry a tiny recorder in your pocket in case she threatens you. Its hard to deny something when yourvoice is on tape.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#8739 - 11/28/06 03:27 PM Re: Pay [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Be careful around angry people. They are usually malcontent and looking for a battle. Take notes and keep them out of her reach.

#8740 - 11/28/06 08:10 PM Re: Pay
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Lilly, are you having to pick up on her work load when she's absent?

#8741 - 11/30/06 02:16 AM Re: Pay [Re: Dianne]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, or others. I know she is nearly 70, yet has excuses for everything and problems, issues, etc., wilst at the same time has time to take advantage of smoke breaks and others w/out reciprocating. Should you tell her you are preparing a motion to be filed w/ the court, she'll simply walk away and then I'm stuck w/ answering her phones -- this distraction allows for mistakes, my attorneys become upset, extra stress, etc. Serving motions requires exact effort and I already have stress from my attorneys who wait until the last minute to inform me of the exhibits/attachments which I must then scramble, tab, copy, coordinate courrier, prepare cover letter, envelopes, certificate of service and serve (either by mail, courrier, email, or a combination thereof). However, when she is expecting an important phonecall for her attorney, she will either email me or verbally inform me and then walk off! Afterall, she must go to the bank, smoke, socialize, make personal calls from the courtesy phone, etc. Additionally, she will sit at her desk and not answer her phones, stating she just can't hear them and that someone has been "messing with the ring tones" -- of which has not altered at all. She'll sit at her desk and do nothing! Knowing I'm swamped and have the audacity to elicit her assistance, only to not understand the legal process (she's worked here for 26 years!) and the time exerted to explain to her is a total waste that I'm better off doing it myself! Yep, I've contacted all those in the proper chain of command. If you put her on the carpet, she becomes very nasty and vindictive. I pray to not be like her in my age and that I don't have to work to 70. Also, she hacks at her desk from smoking, the attorneys simply tolerate it and close their doors. Yet, I can smell it and am worried about 2nd hand smoke. Can it affect you if someone has smoked outside the office several times daily, then sit next to them? I find myself coughing b/c I can smell it, especially during colder months b/c the smokers smoke indoors in a closed room, rather than outside.

The reason why the firm pairs secretarys is to ensure phone coverage and assistance. She, apparantly, believes she is exempt.

#8742 - 12/01/06 02:43 PM Re: Pay [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
At her age, she probably doesn't care if she's fired so isn't trying to please.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#8743 - 12/01/06 03:23 PM Re: Pay [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I worked with a woman exactly like her except smoking was her bad habit. Her's was being late, socializing while everyone else did HER work, then snoping through everyone's desk when she thought they were gone. Including the boss. She sabatoged my computer files one time and when that happened (she was savvy enough to know we could see who logged on to this particular program) I exploded. The program was one I was working on for THE BIG BOSS so I knew she had done it then.

I went straight to the top. Everyone else had tiptoed around her for 30+ years. I busted into his office, told him what had happened along with a multitude of sins she had done in the past, all documented, and said, "either she goes or I go." She was called in, read the riot act, put on record, and never bothered ME again. She never came near me again. But she continued the same course with the other co-workers, because they took it.

She eventually retired and then tried to come back and a part-time employee but they wouldn't have her. Once she was out the door, the door slammed. They later told me they were afraid of her suing them for age discrimination so they let her slide for the last few years. At everyone else's expense, if you ask me.

I don't know what to tell you, but nothing will change unless she steps on the wrong toes. THEN....all He-double hockey sticks will fly.

#8745 - 12/02/06 06:19 PM Re: Pay [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jaw Jaw, that's exactly what she is trying to do, slide through retirement (which I understand she has dipped into and has very little -- she is 68/69 and only worked for 25 years I believe) and blackmail everyone and has threatened to sue over age discrimination. Apparantly, now her back hurts -- something always hurts, something to always get her out of work. Yet I do not believe she has ever provided a 'doctors excuse' nor medical proof as I believe as many times as I've complained HR might have said something to protect the firm. She was complaining to her supervisor yesterday that her back hurt and she had a really hard time going up and down the hallway, YET she sure can make it to the bank, several smoke breaks, etc. Interestingly enough, she brings her lunch to work (I no longer offer to pick something up for her) and rather than brining in with her in the morning (we have a kitchen w/ fridge and other appliances), she will leave to get her lunch and take a smoke break along the way. I found her cig's in the file room and threw them away.

She definately knows she can get away with it, and I don't want to disturb others again w/ my frets. I'll simply keep my nose clean and press forward. Fingers crossed b/c I was told it would backfire on me -- she is very vindictive.

HR rep informed me that a professional courtesy is desired from us and that they talked to her supervisor for 2 hours yesterday (Friday) and that the email she sent is inappropriate. Yet, HR did not inform me, I had to contact them. A bit worried that the conversation took 2 hours as I'm certain that guilt was pointed in my direction.

#8746 - 12/09/06 04:51 PM Re: Pay [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

After several talks, her supervisor refuses to do anything and tricks continue. The firm's president's secretary ask me why they won't do something? This has been going on for 20 years, and no one has done anything, she says! There is something below the surface, blackmail, a past affair, who knows, but she's gotta go.

Yet, I feel a bit guilty for having complained (although legitimate) and pray I don't become like her.

#8747 - 12/09/06 09:21 PM Re: Pay [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Why doesn't the presidents secretary ask him why this is allowed to go on, instead of you? She apparently has his ear being his secretary and all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved