The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#8716 - 01/13/06 11:11 PM Pay
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, have any of ya'll ever heard of anyone being fired b/c they discussed their pay with another coworker? [Embarrassed]

#8717 - 01/13/06 11:32 PM Re: Pay
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Unfortunately, yes I have heard of this happening. And I know of someone who was almost fired because he discussed his vacation time.

#8718 - 01/14/06 12:12 AM Re: Pay
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, that is scary! A coworker asked me several times how much my raise was and I was getting upset of the constant baggering, and I got tired of it, so I sent her an email and together we erased them. She then got upset and told the director who gave us the rasises! Then he began looking for the email and she accused me of deleting hers! Geez.

I'm looking and begining to feel (actually know it) that the law field is just not condusive to my nature!

#8719 - 01/14/06 01:24 AM Re: Pay
TVC15 Offline

That is awful Mustanggal!
I hate people like that. They push you into telling them something that you don't want to talk about and then they use it against you.

The vacation time thing happened when a guy looked over my shoulder when I was doing payroll, (long time ago) anyway he saw that he had less time than another guy and he started this whole big thing over it. I felt bad, but it wasn't my fault. My boss even said that he had no business looking at my computer.

#8720 - 01/14/06 04:35 AM Re: Pay
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Every company I know of especially major corporations do not want anyone discussing their pay, vacations or expecially raises. If someone asks you and won't let up just say, I never discuss politics or money, never!!! and leave it at that. It is no ones business and most raises are given because of 'performance' and one may not be equal with another. People that badger you about those things are rude and do not deserve your consideration....

#8721 - 01/19/06 10:42 PM Re: Pay
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've checked the federal law and I did nothing illegal. If they question me, they are being illegal. Hard to prove, though. Yet, now this woman wants to discuss with HR, she is simply upset and the only reason I can think of is b/c she got less $$$$. Yet, she spends at least 2 hours a day on a smoke break!

Oddly, my stomach was upset all weekend and through today. Thought it was the flu, but, well, hope not to offend anyone, yet everything was coming out blue and have panicked if this woman slipped a laxative into my drinks or food. Why? B/c she is being awfully nice lately and ordering lunch, which I do 95% of the time. I am very wary. She is going out of her way to be nice, says she has presents at her house for me, but does not bring them to work. Which is fine by me, for all I know it could be a bomb!

#8722 - 01/19/06 11:27 PM Re: Pay
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hey, Mustang,
I do temp work and had places where I have worked ask me how much I make and hour and how much the company pays out for me to come in. I tell them I cannot disclose that information . It is none of there busniness . Most of the time I tell them I don't know .

It is knowones business where you work how much raise you get .

#8723 - 01/21/06 08:21 AM Re: Pay
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good grief...can you distance yourself from this (ask to be moved) wacko women? You be careful and get moved if you can. Be cautious of anything she gives you to eat. My goodness what a mess this is. Blue is not a normal color even when ill.

[ January 21, 2006, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#8724 - 01/22/06 12:45 AM Re: Pay
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
That is just down right scary...stay away from her.
For heaven's sake...don't eat or drink anything unless you made it yourself, and it has been sitting in front of you the entire time.
What is wrong with people?

#8725 - 01/22/06 01:12 AM Re: Pay
TVC15 Offline

That is very creepy. Go to a doctor or at least call one to find out what is doing that.
And stay far far away from her!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved