The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#86157 - 08/27/06 01:43 AM Re: Dropping like flies [Re: chatty lady]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Or soaring like eagles.

Eagle mothers begin removing all the soft grasses from the nest as the eaglettes grow so they will have to rest on the thorns and sticks and will fly away when the time is right. The Eagles know their offspring must leave the nest to fly or they will never soar.

smile

Edited by smilinize (08/27/06 01:44 AM)

#86158 - 08/27/06 12:01 PM Re: Dropping like flies [Re: smilinize]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
There's that "glass half full" attitude I know and love so much

Today is the anniversary of Robert leaving us - and what is it about North Carolina that keeps calling to our kids !!!
(my son, DIL and grandbeauty just moved to Charleston)

so here's a (((((((( GROUP HUG ))))))))

We have to look at this as we did everything else -- its just another chapter in OUR book of life

#86159 - 08/27/06 09:40 PM Re: Dropping like flies [Re: lionspaaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lion, here's a group hug for you and your hubby.
((((((((((((((GROUP HUG and LOVE))))))))))))))))
Thank you for reminding me of the anniversary. I am lifting you and your family in prayer as I type! May you see a butterfly in the bush today!

Love the soaring like eagles because that's more like it. We've just been overwhelmed lately with my knee and caring for an elderly family member. I guess it's showing in my attitude. Thanks for revealing this to me. I appreciate it.

And chatty, trust me, I've considered the fact that they are going to college and not war. I am counting my blessings. Believe me.

#86160 - 08/27/06 09:45 PM Re: Dropping like flies
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
(((HUGS))) lion. Did Robert "visit" today?
My son is moving to NC tomorrow! Not far from Winston-Salem.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#86161 - 08/27/06 11:07 PM Re: Dropping like flies [Re: Bluebird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lion, you've been in my heart all day. I saw lots of butterflies today, many of them yellow in fact, albeit on clothes in the store while shopping with our 5-yr-old granddaughter (it was raining very heavily outside, so it was an indoor day today), and they all reminded me of Robert and you...

(Maya Angelou)

#86162 - 08/28/06 07:12 AM Re: Dropping like flies [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
(((((Lionspaaw)))))

Wish I could be there to deliver it in person.

Poet and essayist

#86163 - 08/28/06 10:10 PM Re: Dropping like flies [Re: meredithbead]
lionspaaw Offline

((( thanks ladies )))

I didn't mean to turn the thread towards me -- just realizing that sometimes we can expect our kids will move on and sometimes we can't -- but it doesnt make it easier to let them go either way and all we can do is shake ourselves off and head off on a new adventure

I think it's a little easier for me to let Travis go because I watch him growing as a father and husband and I watch the way we raised him being carried on with his child but a child going off to college is perhaps a little harder because in our hearts and minds - their still "kids in school" - plus they come home every once in awhile and you get used to them being "back" and then they up and leave you again - making you go all through the emotions again

but I truly appreciate your thoughts being with me and I'm so happy you can share butterflies with me

#86164 - 08/28/06 10:46 PM Re: Dropping like flies [Re: lionspaaw]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Well my son, Anthony, left this afternoon for Winston-Salem.
He's 18 and he's one of those "never show any emotion" kind of tough guys (but he is a sweetheart and I know he cares, even if he doesn't say so). Well he hugged me for a long time and I was crying, and I'm pretty sure he had tears in his eyes, too. I told him I loved him and even when I let go, he pulled me back to hug me some more. I'm crying as I type here, not because I don't think he'll be all right, but because he IS growing up. He knows he is always welcome to come back.
Sometimes teens don't realize how important their families are until it's time to leave them...

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#86165 - 08/28/06 11:17 PM Re: Dropping like flies [Re: Bluebird]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Jackie, he has the perspective he needs to start his solo life, all the good lessons you taught him. He grew up being loved and knows that you are always there for him. God bless him on his journey into adulthood, and you for giving him the tools needed to be a man.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#86166 - 08/29/06 12:45 AM Re: Dropping like flies [Re: chatty lady]
lionspaaw Offline

Bluebird - my son moved to North Carolina about a month ago now -- they gave me about 2 weeks notice that they were leaving and that they weren't planning on letting my 3 yr old grandbeauty stay here with me

I kept telling them that I couldn't deal with saying goodbye -- that there was no way I could watch them just drive away from me - they were just going to have to put up with me coming over and staying awhile (like we usually did on Sunday) and then I'd leave as if nothing was going to be different -- and I did pretty good -- until my daughter-in-law walked out to the car with my grandbeauty and starting crying as she hugged me -- well needless to say I lost it and I fight back the tears every time I think about it still - afterall - this was my "baby" and he was leaving me BY CHOICE

but like chatty said -- we've given them all the tools they need to grow into men and they can leave knowing they are loved and always have a home -- we can't do much more than that

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved