The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#83603 - 07/24/06 02:15 AM Maybe this should be under "Re-defining Life...."
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
OK, drama continues in my life.

BF is selling his business. Since that is also his home he has to make some decisions.

We've been up again/down again for a long time but always seem to stick together (mostly I think because it's familiar and safe). We have a good time together, but I've long felt something was missing. We're great friends, but the passion has long been gone. And there has never been any romance.

Anyway, today we went on a local outing and had a great time. Another couple happened to ask if we were boyfriend/girlfriend, or colleagues, or ??? He answered
"a little of both, we're colleagues and we're dating."

Now, we've been "dating" for about 7 years now. He has always said he'll never get married again (and I believe him). Not sure I ever want to go down that road again myself. Maybe I do, and maybe I don't. But when, after all this time, those kinds of questions are still answered like that, well, it bothers me.

I've been very careful to NOT mention living together, considering the pending sale of his business.

My dilemma is this. I'm happy the way things are. I like living alone. He wants to "wait on me" to retire and always talks about the future with the word "we." But if I don't want to live together now, after all this time, I really can't see why I'd want to do it in a few more years.

Truthfully I'd like to see other people. But I have NO experience with tactfully "breaking up" or "backing off" with someone.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Whirlwnd

#83604 - 07/26/06 12:48 PM Re: Maybe this should be under "Re-defining Life...." [Re: Whirlwind]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I answered this post and it vanished!

I think the real question is: Wait on what? For more of the same?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you like living alone it would probably be very difficult to live with someone that doesn't seem really committed to a long term relationship that remains the same or else, he's happy with everything the way it is too.

Whirlwind, as women, we sugar-coat our words sometimes to the point that we've broken up with a man and he doesn't even know it! I say, deal in honesty and tell him the truth rather than just backing away.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#83605 - 07/26/06 03:25 PM Re: Maybe this should be under "Re-defining Life...." [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
and the truth shall set you free....literally.

JJ

#83606 - 07/26/06 10:36 PM Re: Maybe this should be under "Re-defining Life...." [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I agree as well, be honest as you would want the same honesty from him. If you've "dated" this man for seven years with no commitment on either side, it sounds to me like a dead end. JJ said a mouthful above...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#83607 - 07/31/06 06:18 AM Re: Maybe this should be under "Re-defining Life.. [Re: chatty lady]
AmyH Offline
stranger

I think he may already have redefined you out of his life. Just dump the guy and find somebody better. After that comment about being colleageus he deserves it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved