The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 222 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#83588 - 07/23/06 03:45 PM Your help please?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I just saw my Rick and June website on my girlfriend's computer last night and it looked horrible! She sets her browser text to "Largest" because she doesn't like wearing her peepers, and it throws all the design out of whack.

When you are at your computer, what are your settings? You can open your web browser, and at the top there is a menu. Choose View > Text Size > and see if it's set to Largest, Larger, Medium, Small, Smallest. And then please post it here and let me know.

There are things like style sheets that can help me keep my design unchangeable, but I purposely don't use them so folks CAN increase their text size if they want, but I'm wondering how most people view things.

Thanks for your help!!
Kathy

#83589 - 07/23/06 04:36 PM Re: Your help please? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Medium

#83590 - 07/28/06 07:12 AM Re: Your help please? [Re: jawjaw]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
medium for me too, unless I purposefully change it to large for a time, but usually whatever it's normally set at. But it's the settings for the screen too, not just the browser.

if you are using your monitor settings at 800x600 it's going to be big. If it's 1024x768 or whatever it is, it's going to be smaller.

Janine Marie
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#83591 - 07/28/06 12:48 PM Re: Your help please? [Re: JaMaPh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
and just for the record, your site is adorable.

#83592 - 07/28/06 02:49 PM Re: Your help please? [Re: jawjaw]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Hi,
Medium. This browser stuff makes me nuts on my sites, too. I design in Front Page and then my husband "geeks" it so it looks ok in all the different sizes and types of browsers, or as many as he can without breaking the design.

But that doesn't solve the text problem....unless you do the style sheets.

Did your friend comment on the site or was it just your reaction?

Casey

#83593 - 07/28/06 03:19 PM Re: Your help please? [Re: Casey]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Thanks everyone! My friend didn't comment on it, I just saw it when I checked the site at her house.

I did style sheets on this site:
http://www.crowningtouchgraphics.com/

So you can change the text size on that one to your heart's content, but it won't affect the site. But I felt that many people in my Rick and June target market might want the text a little bigger, so I did the RJ site with that capability, even though I don't like how it looks with big text.

And the screen settings will affect the size of the entire page. (I can't believe how my sister-in-law views hers - it's huge and you can only see the top 1/4 of any site at a time - I'd go nuts - she has to scroll, scroll, scroll.)

Thanks again -
Kathy

#83594 - 07/29/06 12:59 PM Re: Your help please? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Old Knitter Offline

I am certainly not an expert, but I ran into trouble when I was building my site and used x-sm, sm, med, lrg instead of 8pt, 9pt, 10pt. for font size. Come to find out, all browsers read sm, med, lrg differently. You are suppose to use pt. Well, maybe your issue is related to that in one of the choices you made. Did that make sense?

Edited by Old Knitter (07/29/06 01:01 PM)

#83595 - 07/29/06 03:52 PM Re: Your help please? [Re: Old Knitter]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Thanks Old Knitter - I use a program called Dreamweaver to build my websites and it offers a variety of sizing options. I guess I give up the lovely look when I allow the end-user to change the font size - but for some, that's the only way they can read it. I've heard from many people that hate websites with tiny text.

Thanks again!

#83596 - 07/29/06 11:26 PM Re: Your help please? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
so who is the guru for this website? when I get a hold of Dotsie and get the special code to join I get 30% off the designers prices.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#83597 - 08/09/06 06:35 PM Re: Your help please? [Re: JaMaPh]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
mine is set for medioum too. Best wishes with your inquiries, Rick & June!!
NABBW & NAWW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved