The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 208 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#83027 - 07/18/06 06:16 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Thanks Starting Over and I am so sorry about your mom.

Eagle, so sorry to hear about your brother.

Thanks all for reminding me that God will never leave or forsake us.

Cheers,
Cathi

#83028 - 07/19/06 02:09 AM Re: My Dad [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Hi all,

Well, it is not good news. I heard it straight from my dad. I kept waiting for that phone call from my brother to find out how the surgery went. Well he finally called and told me that someone wants to talk to me, and it was my dad. Wow, he sounded great for just having an incision in his throat.

But as I said, the news is not good. It is stage 3B, and he going to need radiation and chemo. The hardest part now is not being there. I am worried about my mom right now.

Thanks all for your support. I always say, "as long as you are breathing, there is hope". I believe in miracles and it is going to take one to get through this.

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#83029 - 07/19/06 07:45 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Cathi: The prayers for you and your family are constant, as it is for Eagle Heart and her family. I join everyone in prayer for a miracle and nothing is impossible with God. I pray too for the virtue of patience in time of illness, spiritual strength and for the health carers who will be at the forefront of your Dad's and Eagle's brother's treatment.

#83030 - 07/19/06 11:56 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cathi, I'm still praying for you and your Dad (and family); this is a tough road, isn't it! Waiting is excruciating. But I have seen miracles before and fully expect to see more. I had a friend who was on death's doorstep from lung cancer...we had prayer circles in every corner of the world praying for her. She was given a few days to live - but one morning, she woke up and wanted breakfast. The doctors were astounded, and after hours of investigation could only claim it to be a miracle, they had no other explanation. She lived for many more years!

So yes, there IS hope. And yes, there IS a God who loves us so much more than we imagine. We don't always know what HIS version of the miracle will be, it's not always what we expect it to be, but I've learned to trust that He does know best.

Keeping you in my heart, prayers and thoughts throughout the coming journey...

PS to Lola - thank you!!!

(Maya Angelou)

#83031 - 07/19/06 01:49 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cathi,
We will pray without ceasing. Of this you can be sure. I'm sending love and prayers up for you and your Dad, as well as the rest of your family.

JJ

#83032 - 07/19/06 06:46 PM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Cathi, maybe a pastor or priest could visit your dad at the hospital...they can be very comforting to have around when you get hit with news like this. They can reassure him that whatever he's feeling is normal and to pray with him for strength and hope.
((HUGS))

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#83033 - 07/20/06 08:42 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Bluebird]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thanks Ladies, I feel the presence of God for sure.

I am going to need it because there has been another bomb. Richard, my husband, called me at work and told me that his cardiologist told him he is going to need open heart surgery. He has a leakage in the mitral valve and it has always been mild, now it has gotten worse. I feel so bad for him because he was starting to feel better. A week from today, he is going to go in for catheterization, and depending on how bad it is, will determine when they will be able to operate.

In the meantime, on Tuesday, my dad sees an oncologist for consultation. Hopefully, then we will have a schedule for him. There is so much that I need to take care and I am just waiting and waiting. I hope I don't sound selfish here.

Thanks again, this means alot to me.

Cheers and Love,
Cathi

#83034 - 07/20/06 09:22 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Cathi...what burdens! Selfish is not a word I would use to describe you. Let's just leave that word out. Hopeful, prayful, and caring are ones let's put in it's place.

I know it may seem that God is giving you more than you can bear but this is the time we lean on God the most, and our friends. He will welcome you with open arms.

Please tell Richard we are praying for him as well as your Daddy. He has been added to my list and I know others will do the same.

Love JJ

#83035 - 07/20/06 09:55 PM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Dear Cathi

Selfish? Not at all! We all experience the need to talk when we are overburdened with worries and need to express ourselves in time of sorrow and joy. I am humbled to be asked to pray for you and your family because in so doing you induce grace for us all. Such is the mystery of God's graces which transcends multiple folds. God bless you and your dear ones.

#83036 - 07/20/06 10:34 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Lola]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Cathi, you are not being selfish at all and it is a privilege for us to stand in agreement with you - that is how God wants it.
((HUGS))

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved