The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#83057 - 08/29/06 01:46 PM Re: My Dad [Re: TVC15]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Thanks Meredith, as I said in Eagle's Thread, great idea about the mantra. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am so happy you survived this dreaded disease and I love you alot!

TVC15, I think you are so brave to come and tell me these details. It is so hard to get an idea of an outcome. One day all is well and next thing you know it, downhill again. Sort of like the cancer is teasing you. I watched my grandmother die of stomach and ovarian cancer. Although my dad is undergoing chemo, he is not going to get radiation treatment. The doctor said that it just might burn the lungs. At first my dad was told that he is stage 3b, then they said stage 4. This is why my aunt begged him to come to Duke because she didn't like this flip flop back and forth answers he was getting. He had to endure so many tests since, get this, November. It was finally in June that the word cancer was even mentioned. Then it was you have lung cancer, then you don't have cancer, then another test, and another. This hasn't set well with me either and I am glad my aunt took charge of that. My dad is a retired Army Sergeant and he takes pride in the Military. So he has been going to Walter Reed Army Hospital. He has good health insurance and he could go anywhere he wants but he chose Walter Reed.

On a side note about Walter Reed. My mom and dad said it is a very sad place to be now because our wounded war heros are there. They have never seen so many young people with missing arms and missling legs. It breaks my heart just thinking about this and picturing this in my mind.

Thanks again for your inputs they certainly help and I love you alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#83058 - 08/31/06 04:19 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Hi all, great news! My dad had a cat-scan yesterday and the tumor shrunk! Isn't God wonderful? WoooHooo!!!

Cheers,
Cathi

#83059 - 08/31/06 05:19 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Oh Cathi, that is wonderful news! We'll keep praying!
I'm so happy for you and your entire family!

#83060 - 08/31/06 05:43 PM Re: My Dad [Re: TVC15]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Oh Cathi, this is INCREDIBLE news! Praise God! How many chemo cycles has he had so far? That's amazing that they've shrunk in such a short period of time...very hopeful news!

(Maya Angelou)

#83061 - 09/01/06 05:01 PM Re: My Dad [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Cathi
My heart and prayers go out to you, your dad and your family. Take care of yourself during this strenous time.
Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#83062 - 09/01/06 06:22 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cathi I love coming here and hearing good news! Thank you Lord!

We're still praying! JJ

#83063 - 10/01/06 12:19 AM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry I haven't been here for awhile. I have been back and forth and back and forth, LOL.

Well, I took my parent's to NC at Duke Univ Hospital. The Dr. my dad saw is the Dr. who is doing research on lung cancer. After she reviewed my dad's records, she had informed us that Walter Reed is treating my dad exactly as she would be. That was very comforting to know.

Her prognosis was, that if my dad can tolerate the chemotherapy, he should be on his way to remission. She told us there is no cure, which we knew. But she said remission was a strong possibility.

Although he is not out of the woods yet, we are still optimistic.

I am leaving again for N. VA on Monday for ten days. His 4th round of chemotherapy is on the 4th.

Thanks so much for being here ladies, I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#83064 - 10/01/06 12:32 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am so happy to hear he is doing better.... Ladies after reading this post please open the one it is covering, also posted today. I need your prayers too. Thanks!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#83065 - 10/02/06 12:47 PM Re: My Dad [Re: chatty lady]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Cathi: So glad to read the good news regarding your dad. The Lord is good to his children and he really cares for each one. I continue to pray for you and your family. Blessings!
NABBW & NAWW

#83066 - 10/02/06 12:55 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Songbird]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, thanks for the update. You should correspond with Eagle right now. She's caring for her brother.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved