The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#82977 - 07/17/06 02:25 PM another elder dies
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Another member of the greatest generation died in our family last week. Yes, another one of my many uncles. So now all of us jump to be certain someone can be with Dad when he visits the funeral home and attends the funeral. This has become another constant way of caring for Dad in his elder years. Always trying to fill the voids of the many who have gone before him. The thought of him going alone to a funeral saddens me. Fortunately, he has four kids in town who adore him and will see he is taken care of this week. I can't imagine losing so many loved ones in so few years.

#82978 - 07/17/06 10:42 PM Re: another elder dies
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Oh, Dotsie: I am so sorry to hear about that. Five from the generation before us passed away last year. Their circle is getting smaller and smaller as the years go by. Likewise, we feel for those of their set who are left behind and cannot imagine what they must go through when one dies. My aunt's husband passed away in April and she still has to be told. Her bout with alzheimer's is kind in that it somehow helps the situation. I don't know by what depth however. My aunt is the "last of the mohicans" out of 10 children on my father's side. How old is your Dad? He is lucky to have children within arm's reach so to speak. I hope all is well with him considering last week.

#82979 - 07/18/06 12:02 PM Re: another elder dies [Re: Lola]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It must be disheartening and possibly, a little scary to watch your friends and family go and know your time is limited. I'm afraid some of us will experience that later in life and I'm not looking forward to it.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#82980 - 07/19/06 08:15 PM Re: another elder dies [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, it's so sad, isn't it? The fact that we ARE becoming the oldest generation for our family is a little frightening. I don't know that I am ready for that. How can we fill the shows of those who have gone before us.

Dianne, I am not looking forward to it either, but it will surely happen to the boomers just as it has happened to every other generation before us. However, I have heard that those who can carry on after the death of loved ones, have a better survival rate. I think al lot of it has to do with faith.

#82981 - 07/19/06 09:59 PM Re: another elder dies
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Dotsie, I am so sorry for your family's loss.
My dad has 11 siblings (he is no. 9) and within the past 4
years the three oldest have gone home to heaven. They were
in their 80's.
It is never easy for families.

Big Hugs,

#82982 - 07/19/06 10:25 PM Re: another elder dies [Re: diamond50]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie, add my heartfelt sympathy to the list as well. It is very sad. Years ago when a family member died (my great Aunt) my oldest sister said to me, "It's that time." That was all she said. I pondered the meaning for a while and admit it was a long time afterwards before I understood what she meant.

Time moves on and one generation starts to pass away....it's their time. It's the natural order of things, but no less sad!

JJ

#82983 - 07/20/06 11:17 AM Re: another elder dies [Re: jawjaw]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Dotsie I'm so sorry to learn of the passing of your uncle. I'm happy that you and your siblings can be there for your Dad during this tough time.....I know you make things easier for him in MANY ways as you help to take care of him. I'll be thinking about you all.....

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved