The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#82921 - 08/07/06 08:07 PM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P. [Re: Edelweiss]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I've heard it said that people from my town are clickish, and some think it's because it's a military town and people come and go. They don't want to invest in a friend who is going to move away. That's sad. I enjoy people from other places and try to treat them like I would like to be treated.

laurapoplin.com

#82922 - 08/07/06 11:14 PM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P. [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would love that Hannelore, I adore copmpany in my home. But I am usually the one who has to do the running and visiting. You couldn't bug me so long as you could keep up with me, I move quickly but then actually I have slowed down now since relinquishing my foster animal duties and only going to the Nursing home twice a month. The editing has kept me busy and at home and "I am loving it." I am also linked to Mystic Publishers via computer and thats handy too, less gas and time wasted.

Edited by chatty lady (08/07/06 11:17 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#82923 - 08/12/06 04:19 AM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P. [Re: chatty lady]
DebShines Offline

Loc: Brisbane Australia
Yeah, I love it when we have people around. But I find we are always doing the inviting. I would love to invite you guys around, we finally finished the kitchen renovations last weekend by finishing the splashback. Oops I am forgetting we do still have the floor to sand and polish. But I want to try to plan that before a few days away. I will update my website gallery with a kitchen photo that my son who is doing a degree in multimedia did for me. It is a panarama shot, actually shows two walls at right angles but he has 'fixed' it so you see it all on one plane, pretty groovy.
We lived on the Gold Coast for seven years and people there said the same as Daisygirl, that people come and go so why bother making friends. I have a number of great girlfriends from the Gold Coast and we still keep in touch. Mind you we are only one hour drive away so it is not really that much of a big deal. And they are pretty special friends, while they dont really keep in touch, we all met recently and they were absolutely thrilled to bits that I had arranged the dinner and nite out. So while I wondered if they really cared, they showed they did by going out of their way to turn up and telling me how much they appreciated it and that we should do it more often. So there you go, I will get over the "I am the one that always organises everything" I will organise it every year and we will meet and have a great time.

#82924 - 08/12/06 08:06 AM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P. [Re: DebShines]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Looking forward to see your renovated kitchen DebShines. I just love renovating...and it sure helps that my husband is an all around handy-man. We've been doing big renovating jobs on our house as well. Do you believe a room should have a theme? Or should it basically be the same color schemes throughout the home?

Actually it would be fun to see the homes we all live in. I think it's a great idea to put pictures in your home-page. If you want, add more pictures of other rooms and the surroundings where you live. I'm a hobby interior decorator (aren't we all?)…so I just love looking at houses.

I've narrowed our friends down to those who invite us back...at first that cut a lot of them out ...and it was sort of quiet around here. I had to keep fighting the temptation to call and invite, just to have people around. Meanwhile we've met new people, through our friends that believe in hostessing. Then we have a circle of friends that we just meet in restaurants. That's the easiest, especially if they have little children. Our house isn't really toddler safe, and I have to do lots of rearranging every time they come...so this works out best for us.

#82925 - 08/16/06 07:26 PM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P. [Re: Edelweiss]
DebShines Offline

HI Hannelore, yes I will add some interior room shots to my web page. But I don't really go into the theme decorating, just fit in our treasures and do what I like. I could not put the panaroma kitchen shot on the webpage because it was too long, but I have added some recent kitchen shots. The new kitchen is such a breeze to use and to keep clean and all the drawers are much better then cupboards where you have to dig around to find anything.
It's good to try out new people and invite around. I have a new lady and her partner visiting on Sunday to come to the footy with us. She has been at work for about six months and we have coffee now and again at work, but this is the first visit outside of work, and she seemed pretty excited to be asked. But it is frustrating that not a lot return the invitation, and that is probably ruder then not responding to RSVPs (at least just as rude) or perhaps it's a reflection on their time with us!!!!!!!!

#82926 - 08/17/06 11:13 AM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P. [Re: DebShines]
DebShines Offline

Angelika (I worked out to check out peoples profiles for their names!!), I have added a few photos to my website, one shows the inside of our lounge by default, but it is a bit messy!! I will try to do some interior shots when the house is tidy!!

#82927 - 08/17/06 01:58 PM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P. [Re: DebShines]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I just posted under "welcome" how I enjoyed your website. The pictures portray the warmth and love in your family so well.
Your new kitchen is beautiful. Is that a granite top? Wow and a fancy backdrop.
The what-do-you-call-it thing over your stove; is ultra modern. For the life of me, only the German word is entering my mind. It's such a neat feeling to cook in a new kitchen.
I think we ladies should get new kitchens every 5 years…just to get that neat feeling. LOL

I would like to work on a personal webpage as well; maybe this winter...when I have more time.

#82928 - 08/17/06 06:15 PM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P. [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great kitchen shots. I also have light color cabinets and love them. I like the way you angled your tile about the cool top. Very cool!

#82929 - 09/12/06 12:03 PM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P.
DebShines Offline

Hello again, finally won my turn on the PC. My husband and my daughter are downstairs working on her dolls house, wonderful. She wouldnt talk to him for a while after all the marital drama but they seem OK mostly now!! My 14 year old is in my bedroom watching telly and my 20 and 18 year old sons have gone to bed. And I have a red wine and time!!
Yes, the kitchen is wonderful, thanks everyone. The tiles are glass and were a challange for our brother to lay, but he did it wonderfully!! The benchtop is laminate, but looks like stone, without the maintenance. I wanted wonderful, but did not want maintenance. And I love the cream cupboards too. I always wanted green but am really glad we went for the cream, I thought I would put the colour in the splashback and then if whoever owned the house down the track did not like blue they could change the tiles much easier then changing the cupboards. We are getting the floor resanded in three weeks so then I will really be in bliss!! It is a rangehood over the cooker. I did not want one of them either, as I just thought about all the dust, and yes, it does collect dust but is not too much of a bother to clean. (I just heard husband and daughter laughing together, WONDERFUL sound!).
My 18 year old with the drug issues is still partaking, but also continues to LOVE work at 'my' hospital. I am no longer focusing on the drugs, but on how proud on him I feel. It is great to have him pop into my office, especially on his way home, when I give him instructions on what to make for tea, and when I get home, it is made. Of course this does not happen every nite, but once or twice a week which is still wonderful. There is a lot 'wonderful' tonite!! - must be the red wine, giving me a rose coloured perspective!!
I am going to add a link to an old Queenslander (house) which does Bed and Breakfast close to us. I have not stayed there, but we saw it advertised and it looks wonderfu. I think that you will all enjoy the interior decorating.
Bye til next time!!

#82930 - 09/12/06 01:53 PM Re: When People Neglect to R.S.V.P. [Re: DebShines]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Deb, great to see you agin. What do you use to clean your cream cabinets? Mine have been around for 12 years and really need a great cleaning. I've tried different cleaning products, but can't seem to find one that works well.

Enjoying a glass of wine while posting is soemthing I've not yet done, but I love the idea. I think I'm goign to take you up on that one!

How do you stay up past your 18 and 20 year-olds? I konk out way before mine. BUt then I don't sllep until all hours of the day either like they do when they don't have work.

I enjoy hearing about your family. You are definitely doing the right thing by focusing on the best in your son. Keep loving him and perhaps he will come aroune on the drug issue.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved