The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#82593 - 08/29/06 01:42 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cathi, I'm so touched at your care and taking the time to write your experience with your Dad. You Do answer my questions...everything you write helps give me more insight into my brother's journey, so thank you!

I'm going to look into the Gatorade question. I mentioned sugar-free popsicles, but he wasn't interested at this point. But I may look into making homemade popsicles out of watermelon...maybe put the watermelon into the blender with something else (like cranberry juice?) and then make popsicles out of them.

I'd heard about the cinammon, but am not sure how to incorporate that into his meager diet right now. Maybe cinammon toast, or make him special cinammon cookies and cut the sugar in half. Thanks for the tip!

(Maya Angelou)

#82594 - 08/29/06 01:57 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Eagle, I love the watermelon idea. If I had to guess, if he wasn't to keen on the popsicle idea, then he probably won't eat it or like it. When I mentioned it to my dad he got excited about it. But still, I would try the watermelon and cranberry popsicles. If he's not keen on it, you can always turn it into a slushie. I know when I had my hysterectomy and I had to drink cranberry juice, which I can't stand, it tasted better as a slushie. Of course, a hysterectomy doesn't even compare to chemotherapy. But I am pointing this out for taste purposes.

As for the cinnamon, cinnamon toast is an excellent idea.

Cheers,
Cathi

#82595 - 08/29/06 08:38 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Wisdom&Life]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I am posting here instead of making a new topic because I hope we will all continue to pray for Eagle's brother. Eagle, try crushed ice. Sometimes people can chew on that when they can't drink water.

I have to ask for prayer for my friend's husband and for her also. I asked for prayer for him about three years ago when he was diagnosed with a fast growing brain cancer. His life expectancy was less than six months. He miraculously survived the hell of chemo and radiation and he seemed to have retrurned to his old self.

They were here visiting week before last (they live in NM) and he looked great. He was laughing and joking and as funny as ever. My girlfriend, has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and has been in great pain, but we got in the pool every day and it helped her a lot. We all laughed and had a great time. Dave was back to his old self. From here they went to Houston for a check up.

She just called. The cancer has returned. He is set for surgery tomorrow.

We need another miracle, an even greater one this time. The surgery may affect his speech and he may not survive. And if he does, the cancer is raging in his body.

I love both of them and I just hate this. Please pray for Dave. He needs a miracle tomorrow and for a lifetime. I'm not sure of the time of the surgery, but I intend to fast and pray all day.

And please pray for my friend. She has been through so much and her spirit is just worn down.

Thank you all so much.

smile

#82596 - 08/29/06 10:28 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: smilinize]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Adding them to my prayers as asked. How sad for them to think he was healed and now its back...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#82597 - 08/29/06 10:35 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Smile, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and her husband. I'll add them to my prayer list too, and will especially carry him in my prayer throughout the day tomorrow. This is so hard to watch loved ones struggle through these miserable illnesses...how amazing is it that we have each other to turn to for care and prayer! Thank God again for this group of amazing women!!! I know I'd be lost without you all.

Take heart, my friend, we're with you in prayer and spirit.

(Maya Angelou)

#82598 - 08/29/06 11:55 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Smiles this just breaks my heart to hear this. You of course have my thoughts, prayers, and heart during this time. From our lips to God's ears. JJ

#82599 - 08/30/06 05:09 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Smile, just letting you know I'm praying for your friends and their health right now. It's a terrible situation, a heavy burden to bear at any point in life. Please let them know we're praying for a miracle and for their peace of mind.

Eagle, I pray your brother is able to withstand his required treatment and that he reponds well to it. Praying for you and all involved too!
NABBW & NAWW

#82600 - 08/30/06 11:14 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Songbird]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, please add my prayers to the pile. Have you heard how today went?

P.S. On a happier note...I think you need to have a boomer women pool party. I love hearing about everyone hanging out at your pool.

#82601 - 09/02/06 05:13 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother
Eagle Heart Offline

Janis, any update on your friend Dave? I'm thinking about you and continuing to carry Dave and your friend and you in my heartprayers today!

(Maya Angelou)

#82602 - 09/02/06 08:00 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Quick update: my brother's still battling those strange fevers, which keep him awake all night, which is causing ever-increasingly detrimental sleep deprivation (the sleeping pills the doctor prescribed are not working at all!), which in turn is affecting his already-non-existent appetite. In short, he's unspeakably miserable. I'm so sad for him, and so helpless to do anything to relieve any of his discomfort. The doctor tells him he just has to keep working this out, that it will get better with every additional chemo treatment. But in the meantime, he's just feeling so miserable. I know that "this too shall pass", but it's so hard watching him suffer like this.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved