The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#81784 - 07/07/06 02:29 PM Re: News [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Georgia, congrats on the new writing gig. You MUST tell optimumsteps about this site. She ws talking about writing about her days in Greece when we had lunch. Also, I was going home to make apple pies, and she was going home to make spanikopita. I'm sure I butchered that spelling.

#81785 - 07/07/06 08:10 PM Re: News
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Congratulations JJ on yet another accomplishment to add to your resume! It's a nice website AND your article is great (as always).

#81786 - 07/07/06 08:20 PM Re: News [Re: Pam Kimmell]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thank you girlfriends! I have more news. Just got a notice from Mark Gilroy's company that they've accepted TWO of my articles for TWO different books of theirs and YES...they pay! Wuhooooooooooooooo!

The first one is called Blessings for Mother's....and will have my "From Griping to Gratitude" article in it...

The second one is a book called Ho Ho Ho and will contain my "Spirit of Christmas Past " article in it. I AM LOVING THIS!

I told myself when I got up this am that TODAY something good was gonna happen, I could feel it in my bones. It did. God is so good to me and I am so grateful!

JJ

#81787 - 07/08/06 12:47 PM Re: News [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Girl, you've got to come down off that cloud sooner or later. DOing the happy dance for you. I hope you are keeping track of every single one of these publications for your resume. You're really racking them up! No surprise here.

#81788 - 07/08/06 06:23 PM Re: News
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Go JJ, go JJ...we're so proud of you and delighted for you...God is not only good to you for sending good blessings your way, He's good to US when He sends YOU and your gifts our way!

(Maya Angelou)

#81789 - 07/08/06 09:55 PM Re: News [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

ahhh now...aren't you just the nicest thang? Thank you girlfriend for those words of love and encouragement. This place is definitely my one-stop shop for warm fuzzies and a drive by heart mart...You gotta luv it.

JJ

#81790 - 07/08/06 10:35 PM Re: News [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have tears of joy in my eyes for you, JJ. I can't think of a woman or writer who deserves this more than you do. We're in your corner!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#81791 - 07/08/06 11:12 PM Re: News [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ I read your stuff then put the site into my FAVORITES so I remember to visit it often. Wow, Greece, you sure do get around. Darn it I'm hooked on COPS and the theme song made me crave some more, now!!! Hey JJ how do you say congratulations is Greek???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#81792 - 07/08/06 11:52 PM Re: News [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Really, really loud...otherwise I might not hear you...What? Ohhhh...you meant---teehee...I'm such a stinker. I'll have to get back to you on that one...but hey, maybe our Optimumsteps can tell us, eh? Cathi....Oh Cathiiiiii....

JJ

#81793 - 07/09/06 02:55 PM Re: News [Re: jawjaw]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
This is so awesome Your Majesty, what a beautiful site, and SEN-HA-REE-TEE-REE-YAH (I felt it best to spell this phonetically) Wow, I am inspired.

Eagle, you pronounced it correctly, LOL.

Dotsie, I made it the next morning because my brother really wanted it and I was making it with a mask on, LOL. My cold had gotten worse the next day, sigh. So I didn't want to take a chance and spread it to the little ones.

Your Majesty, spanakopita is the Greek word for spinach pie. Which gives me a thought when you said spanking, LOL. The word for spinach is spanaki. As children, wasn't eating spinach a punishment? I know it was for me, LOL.

Your friend is so lucky, I mean living in Greece and having Da Queen as a friend, Wow!

Cheers (Yah-mas),
Cathi

Edited by Optimumsteps (07/09/06 04:31 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved