The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#81279 - 06/25/06 11:09 AM Re: Relocation
MSInvestigator Offline

Loc: Missouri
scorpio115, We are in the same process of considering buying a home in Florida for retirement, we are making trips there regularly to see what the community is like and if we will feel comfortable with the life style, while looking at homes. It is a scary move, but presently we are in Missouri and this is not our home state either since we are New Yorkers originally. I think we are more concerned with getting back to the East coast and that is why we are prospecting Florida. You may need to figure out why you want the move before you actually consider the move. Whatever you do, it is important to please yourselfs first.
The very best of luck in whatever you decide.

[ June 25, 2006, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: MSInvestigator ]

#81280 - 06/26/06 01:39 AM Re: Relocation
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
MSI, I live in Florida and have experienced hurricanes here. Can be very scary. I think what you do with the elder abuse investigations is amazing and I applaud you. I would love to do something meaningful.

#81281 - 06/26/06 04:53 AM Re: Relocation
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Anyone know anything about Idaho. Now that the son is grown and life in California is too expensive, I have been looking at moving to Idaho. It always seemed like a wonderful place to live - but I nned to know about the reality of living there from anyone who has or is currently living there.

thanks in advance
Donna

#81282 - 06/26/06 06:23 AM Re: Relocation
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Many people from California are re-locating to Idaho. My brother lives near Clearwater.

#81283 - 06/26/06 10:40 AM Re: Relocation
MSInvestigator Offline

Loc: Missouri
Saundra, we are checking out St Pete area across the bay from Tampa. Do they get many hurricanes in that area??? Hurricanes can be as scary as tornados.

#81284 - 06/27/06 05:41 AM Re: Relocation
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Thanks Bluebird,

Does your brother like it there?
Donna

#81285 - 08/24/06 08:06 PM Re: Relocation [Re: 49erDonna]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hubby and I are considering a move. Since I'm in the real-estate business; I knew sooner or later some house will cross my path where I'll just go ga-ga. After 16 years in this business it happened for the first time last week.

The house is just about an hour's drive from where we live now, but offers a beautiful view over a gorgeous lake and mountains. We'd be moving closer to one of our sons, and further away from the other…but be somewhat in the middle. I'd have to find a new nursing home for my Mom.

The problem is…do we want to deal with the hassle of moving? And is it worth the hassle; selling our house, packing (oh help…sooo much stuff) and then renovating this other house. I'm sort of afraid the work will be overwhelming, and I don't want my Hubby to be overworked. On the other hand it is a dream location, and a fantastic deal. If I could only push a button, and voile; we'd be in the finished home. It's all that stuff in between that is making me hesitate. I'm wondering if it's even worth it at our age. Hubby is 67 and I'm 57. I don't have that much of a problem with it...but maybe it's unfair to him. How would you ladies decide?

#81286 - 08/24/06 09:25 PM Re: Relocation [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Hannelore: If it is something that both of you have set your heart on, then there should be no problem with the move. You can always hire contractors to do the renovation and movers can always pack for you. So, you can minimise any physical strain from that angle. I agree about how the in-betweens can be a nuisance. I have moved from NYC to California then back again before settling in the UK. I don't know if age matters with any move. Depends on individual circumstances I suppose.

#81287 - 08/25/06 08:16 PM Re: Relocation [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
So Hannelore...any decisions yet?

#81288 - 08/26/06 08:24 AM Re: Relocation [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
No JJ, no decision yet. I think I'll let the money decide. If we can afford the move and get packers and renovaters all inclusive within the price of our own house-sale, then we'll do it. If we have to put ourselves under financial pressure just becasue of a gorgious, breathtaking, monobombastic view...then we won't do it. sob. I'm putting our house up for sale this week. Yikes. I'm nervouse. Helps me relate to my customers, that's for sure.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved